Are you outgoing and have a keen interest in the music & entertainment industry?
We are looking for student volunteers to be our UMG University Representatives from local universities.
As a UMG University Rep, you play an integral role in the development of UMG’s artists’ careers at all levels. You are the key tastemaker who is heavily involved in many campus and community activities. You will build and maintain relationships with other trendsetters on campus and online to maximize exposure and create opportunities for UMG’s artists.
Benefits of being a UMG University Rep:
- Learn the landscape of the music business, gain marketing and advertising experience and, most importantly, take that first step in establishing themselves in the music industry
- Meet & greets for domestic acts at local concerts
- Limited artist & UMG branded merchandise
- First access to UMG SG events
What does UMG University Reps do?
- Establish relationships with activity committees, on-campus clubs/CCAs, influential leaders, trendsetters and tastemakers in order to secure outlets for artist marketing ideas, events and programs
- Post 2-3 times per week on personal social media handles (tweets, IG stories or full posts) featuring UMG content (new singles, artists, etc.)
- Pitch Spinnup/UMG artists’ content for college and local media (press/radio/blogs) coverage and placement
- Scout & submit musical talent for Spinnup
- Championing Spinnup on campus by distributing flyers, put up posters, etc.
- Create local marketing plans that target the 18-24 demographic that maximize visibility for UMG artists' content & releases
- Prepare recaps that will be distributed to labels, managers, executives, and partners
- Occasionally work alongside other reps in task forces to build marketing plans and introduces strategies to interact with the 17-24 demographic and grow audience for our artists and content
- Provide constant communication with the management team in Singapore