Director, Label Catalog
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we CREATE:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Director of Label Catalog at UMe under their Marketing and Product Development team to work directly with Frontline labels. This position will partner with the Frontline label and their current artists & managers to develop and execute catalog marketing campaigns that maximize all potential revenue streams and market share for their assigned Frontline label’s artist catalog. This role will work in tandem with the various departments at both UMe and the Frontline label under the direction of the EVP of Marketing and Product Development with a dual-line to the Marketing Lead at their assigned Frontline Label.
How we LEAD:
- Develop and execute marketing & commercial opportunities for the marketing of playlists, playlist brands & streaming with a focus on driving the Frontline Label’s catalog business, achieving/exceeding revenue targets & market share; manage related budgets
- In conjunction with Commerce, Marketing and Social Media teams, help develop account partner currency in the form of social media support, playlisting and various others uses of partner platforms and tool-kits to help grow artist partnerships
- Use analytics & consumer insights to inform effective playlisting initiatives, marketing & commercial decisions
- Effectively communicate specific data points that are meaningful to account relations and artist/manager expectations
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge of assigned label’s catalog including history, charts, social media platforms, digital and grassroots marketing efforts
- Understand the demographics that comprise artists' fan bases and, based on the assets delivered by artists, design and execute product promotions for all aspects of the marketplace
- Be immersed and speak eloquently to the relevance of an artist within the culture of the scene, conveying what is meaningful for account relations to deliver desired results
- Create and deliver weekly updates for all campaigns highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority catalog and releases
- Consistently look to find new third-party partners that can help market and promote our releases. Also work with pre-existing partners to develop new ways to help raise our partners’ profiles
- Represent UMe maintaining a presence at label concerts and events.
Bring your VIBE:
- 5+ years of applicable experience in the music industry (experience in catalog marketing preferred)
- Experience strategizing and executing marketing campaigns, including pitching proposals for prospective clients
- Must be tech-savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market trends
- Must be familiar with/able to navigate information tools such as Nielsen, Buzz Angle, and learn and utilize numerous data dashboards
- Must be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful
- Must be highly organized and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Strong analytical skills with ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results and market conditions that will drive project growth and optimization
- Strong communication skills with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to accounts, executives and management
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability & effectiveness to work with team members from diverse backgrounds
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow-through
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.