Label Manager, International Marketing
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is in search of a Label Manager, International Marketing to be based in Kuala Lumpur.
Reporting to the Head of International Marketing, this role is to manage all aspects of releases from UMG international Labels & artist partners including product build, scheduling, and supply chain liaison.
About this role:
- Develop and maintain relationship with UMG international labels tand Repertoire Owners (RO) to deliver a high level of service
- Responsible for all aspects of release set up and scheduling via close liaison with physical & digital / video supply chains
- Take ownership of set up, marketing & promotion of label services releases
- Oversee the Global release schedule process and ensure that all aspects of it are properly managed and scheduled in a timely manner
- Provide leadership, advice and support to internal and external label partners in respect of their relationship with ROs and their release schedule offering marketing and promotional advice for their catalogue
- Manage Global release schedule, including internal collation and circulation of all relevant internal information (deals, targets, accounts etc)
- Ensure timely delivery of release assets from external partners, and internal delivery into digital, physical & video supply chains, such that marketing timelines are met – preorders, instant grats etc go live on time
- Social media management across multiple artists, paid/ organic
- Work with digital marketing team to deliver bespoke marketing campaigns for label clients
- Compile release, promo & marketing updates and distribute as necessary to stakeholders
- Compile promo slate and playlist pitches for DSPs and video partners
- Project manage new release campaigns for a wide variety of repertoire
- Monitor and report back on sales and chart activity across territories, recommending action to be taken where necessary
- Responsible for stock forecasting, internal sales reporting, chart reports, ensuring chart eligibility of International releases
- Has a great passion for music and knowledge of music across genres
- Previous experience in music label supply chain role ideal
- Excellent communication and numeric skills
- Highly organised with proven administrative skills and a high attention to detail
- Good IT skills – must be proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word & Powerpoint
- Good team player with ability to form excellent working relationships at all levels within the company
- Positive, enthusiastic, can-do attitude
- Must be adaptable and able to establish good relationships
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.