Director of Audience Growth Planning
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad ay of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG Global Audience Development is looking for a Director of Audience Growth Planning to join our performance marketing organization. In this key leadership role, you will lead and collaborate with Label client teams responsible for growing long-term relationships with music fans at scale. You will have ownership and responsibility for developing and driving audience programs that enhance the fan experience through innovative initiatives that focus on acquisition, retention, and reactivation across all channels and segments. The successful candidate will be equal parts creative and analytical, delighting our music fans with new experiences while measuring their effectiveness through advanced analytics.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Lead audience growth strategy and optimization in partnership with our Label client businesses
- Collaborate across the organization to develop our marketing and product roadmap in support of your vision
- Drive the development of a data-driven, fan-centric, test-and-learn culture through use & advocacy of marketing technology and reporting & analytics
- Define and validate core audience KPIs
- Partner closely with E-commerce teams to determine best ways to acquire new customers, deepen artist-fan engagement, drive increased spend and average order value
- Analyze and interpret user segments and behaviors to be leveraged in lifecycle marketing, driving automated, personalized communications
- Support Label client teams in building comprehensive reports and dashboards of all relevant CRM KPIs to track and socialize performance across individual and evergreen/lifecycle campaigns
- Employ data-driven insights and an iterative testing approach to help optimize campaign builds, content modules, segmentation and other testing attributes
- Lead development of new customer activation capabilities & service offerings, ensuring Label and artist needs are appropriately prioritized
Bring your VIBE:
- 8-10+ years experience in digital marketing with focus on retention and engagement with demonstrable results
- Highly analytical with proven track record of applying data-driven insights into successful tactics
- Strong project management skills, the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the desire to bring structure to undefined processes
- Expert communication, presentation, and material preparation skills required
- High level of comfort navigating large organizational dynamics; proven success driving projects forward in a complex corporate structure is strongly preferred
- Technical proficiency and knowledge of CRM database solutions and feeds, loyalty platforms, campaign management tools and platforms, Google Analytics, and BI tools/systems
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, strong ability to complete work on tight deadlines, logical thinking, curious, self-motivated
- Passion for music is strongly preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.