We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Island Publicity department handles Artist and Media relations in Print, Online and TV opportunities.
- Develop and manage strategic, engaging and attention-grabbing multi-platform PR campaigns for a range of artists with focus on Urban.
- Develop and continue to grow your existing connections with multi-platform media groups and providers, print and online journalists, influencers, etc.
- Pitch and secure national and regional exposure for emerging and high-profile artists via print, TV and online media
- High Level contacts at all music-relevant print publications, influential blogs, sites and bookers.
- Produce a weekly report for each frontline act on the label.
- Research and develop ideas for content generation, as well as seeding and submission of the content to relevant sources.
- Implement grassroots media and development campaigns for artists entering market place and/or in early career phase
- Write, create and distribute pitch letters, press releases, and media rollout campaigns
- Manage artists’ schedules and interviews; organized press tours for new album releases and tour launches
- Manage budget allocation and supervise vendor payment and invoicing for all publicity related costs
- Team player
- Have knowledge of music and online music culture.
- Coordinate special events including album release parties and showcases
- Manage guest lists for high-profile events; supervise red carpet arrivals at major press events including award shows and more.
- Excellent understanding of the US music landscape and culture with focus on Urban.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with a proven and established PR network including high Level contacts at all music-relevant print publications, influential blogs, sites and bookers.
- Must have a passion and active interest in technology and emerging media.
- Passionate about music and knowledgeable about a variety of genres, acts and artists
- Excellent organizational and project / campaign management skills.
- Highly self-motivated, confident and tenacious with a significant drive to succeed.
- Ability to manage a large number of different projects simultaneously while working to strict deadlines & maintaining a high standard of attention to detail.
- A reliable team-player and leader who has passion and enthusiasm for their work.
- Ability to remain calm and work efficiently in a fast-paced, high pressure environment.
- Professional, proactive and flexible approach to work – which may include out of office working hours including weekends.
- Previous experience working in music PR.
- Experience in successfully controlling budgets.
- Experience in using in-house computer systems and packages including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Bachelor’s degree in Business preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.