Manager, Digital Marketing
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
The Digital Marketing Manager role will require you to oversee and direct all aspects of an artist’s digital presence while creating and executing digital marketing campaigns and promotional plans across all areas online. Overseeing influencer management and strategy while managing advertising spends multiple mediums. You will not only understand all digital technologies and platforms, but who can also effectively communicate with artists, artist management teams, label executives and digital partners. Building relationships is root of what we do.
What Bandmember Are You?
The details of the job consist of, but are not limited to, the following aspects:
- Manage the development and execution of digital marketing plans for artist releases.
- Work cross-departmentally by helping coordinate online initiatives and promotions for your artists.
- Drive social media growth for all artists through increased engagement, activity, and relevant content and posts.
- Build and manage an artists owned audience by increasing data capture across all mediums; email, SMS, cookies, etc.
- Develop targeted strategy for artists’ video channels
- Maintain strong relationships with artist management and artists to be viewed as a resource for best practices and implementing digital marketing strategies for each new and developing act.
- Oversee the creation and day-to-day execution of all artist digital content and websites.
- Work as a liaison with third party marketing companies when applicable.
- Manage label partner relationships with accounts to maximize artists reach.
- Oversee and manage label influencers as well as influencer strategies to increase artist reach.
- Develop relationships with new marketing avenues to create partnerships and opportunities.
- Assist with the creation, build, and editing of online properties where applicable (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, TikTok, official website and other sites appropriate to artists and label)
- Work with in-house & third-party content creators to conceptualize & complete lyric videos, portraits & live photos, 3D animations, short form content for social media, etc.
- Conceive, budget, and effectively execute digital paid media campaigns with Project Manager and Media Planners/Buyers.
- Actively participate in team meetings, discussions and planning activities.
- Assist in analyzing online promotions and campaign sales impacts, consumer trends, etc.
- Manage artist budgets and invoicing quarterly.
How You Will Rock Your Role:
- Degree in relevant field, and/or equivalent career experience
- Music industry or artist relation experience
- Minimum 2 years prior marketing experience required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Google Docs
- Knowledge of photo editing tools such as Adobe Photoshop or Canva
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized and high degree of confidentiality
- Thrive professionally within a fast-paced, creative, deadline-driven environment
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.