Sr. Designer, Video & Motion Graphics
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a passionate and experienced Senior Video & Motion Graphics Designer to help lead in the development of best in class creative work for social, web and other forums, using video and motion graphics to support client objectives. The person in this role will lead and participate in the creation of concepts and development through to execution for a variety of creative initiatives where video and motion are required. An ability to bring new, innovative ideas to client challenges is a must. Collaboration across departments to guide aesthetic and conceive unique creative solutions that drive successful results for our clients and campaigns is a daily part of this role.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work with crossfunctional teams to conceptualize, pitch, create, and deliver video assets to support client objectives.
- Continue to evolve the team’s work and contributions to larger campaign and artist initiatives.
- Create short form content that matches the aesthetic and style on a release, artist and brand level.
- Trim footage segments and sequence video as well as create motion graphics and design that deliver on client expectations.
- Input music, dialogues, graphic, effects, and sound design.
- Keep assets and final projects organized according to specific naming conventions and follow protocols.
- Use the newest software and technology to create unique and innovative content.
- Storyboard, plan, and shoot various forms of content to advertise and market client products.
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry best practices to maximize efficiency.
Bring your VIBE:
- 4-6 years working in video editing or motion graphics, preferably in an agency setting
- Degree in film studies, motion graphics, cinematography or related field
- Proven work experience as a video editor with a strong portfolio
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Adobe Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut) Blender or other 3D software preferred
- Experience with DSLR, mirrorless, and professional camera equipment for on-site shooting of editorial and marketing content
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motion and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented, self-directed, and able to set priorities while working within a small team
- Ability to receive and execute creative direction and thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Must have a passion for web, music and entertainment industries
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.