Manager, Product Development
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a Product Development Manager to oversee and contribute to product development on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world. This person must be tapped into the culture at large, have an eye on product trends and bring their skills in process development and sourcing strategy.
This role will work cross-functionally with campaign strategy & planning, creative, label teams and production to create compelling concepts and product while developing processes to support a growing area of the business.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Oversees and contributes to concept development
- Manages timelines of product development projects in alignment with Campaign Planning & Strategy team
- Builds process that supports strategic company goals
- Aggregates product development design into polished presentations for clients
- Drives strategic sourcing strategy
- Manages product redesign and approvals with cross-functional partners
- Oversees tech pack creation and asset approvals
- Oversees product hand off to Production team after approval
- Manages PLM system to ensure correct usage and accurate reporting
- Ensures that every phase of a particular project proceeds as scheduled
- Grows departments documentation and training resources
- To offer innovative thinking to Product Development conceptual development and process
- To execute responsibilities in timely and organized manner following best practices
- To grow our cross-functional team model with clear communication
- To support the delivery of the best product to our clients in a fast-paced environment
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelors Degree in Design or Merchandising
- 5-7 years experience in fashion, retail, or related fields, ecommerce experience is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite and experience in a PLM system
- High energy for a fun and fast-paced work environment
- Team player willing to collaborate with the best in the business
- Ability to integrate and adapt to changing client feedback
- Ability to multitask and stay organized
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.