Associate Director, Digital Rights Administration
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG’s Digital Rights Administration team is dedicated to monitoring and monetizing content on digital platforms focused on user-generated content. We are currently seeking an eager and exceptional Associate Director with familiarity to Universal’s artists and catalogue to focus on account management. This person will collaborate with the current Director and become a liaison between our central team and our incredible roster of labels. The team’s goal is to maximize value from the rights of UMG’s recording artists in the digital space through content claiming.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Lead relationship management with internal partners (rep owners and key territories) as well as vendors
- Schedule and conduct weekly, bi-weekly, and monthly calls to identify priorities, support label marketing plans, provide data reporting and ad hoc reports and analyses, explore opportunities for marketing and premium monetization
- Lead QBRs with key clients including data sourcing, insights, deck creation
- Global release schedule sourcing and compilation to enable manual claiming team
- Identify and communicate strategic priorities for manual claiming team
- Cull asset lists based on priorities stemming from meetings with UMG labels/territories
- Review YouTube Ops queue and action claims, disputes, ownership conflicts and other escalations from label partners, as needed
- Provide reporting and trend analysis across all accounts on a weekly basis to keep SVP and Senior Director apprised of book of business
- Collaborate with commercial partnerships to service all internal stakeholders for YouTube and Facebook
- Evangelize claiming opportunities across partners including ancillary revenue, marketing, media buying and premium monetization programs
Bring your VIBE:
- BA Degree
- 3-5 years related experience
- MS Office proficiency in Excel (pivot tables/look ups) and PowerPoint
- Excellent presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Tracking multiple accounts; detail oriented
- YouTube CMS and Facebook rights manager experience
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved one
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.