Coordinator, Marketing Urban
Based at the iconic Capitol Tower in the heart of Hollywood, Capitol Music Group is home to some of the best-known labels in modern music; encompassing the jazz icons of Blue Note, Capitol’s generations of pop stars, and the legendary recording of Motown to name but a few. We produce, distribute and promote some of the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the industry. This role is a fantastic opportunity to join an organization on the cutting edge of the modern music business and, as part of Universal Music Group, a chance to be part of the world’s leading Music Company.
How we LEAD:
The ideal candidate will have Music or Entertainment experience and have experience supporting a high-level executive with discretion and confidentiality. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details. Multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. No task is too small and no challenge too great. A “can-do” attitude is essential. In this dynamic position, the Marketing Coordinator will serve as key component of the marketing team, acting as the administrative support point person for Capitol Music Group’s marketing department. Role with have a focus that strategizes the best course to market for their releases, a role specializing in Urban (Hip-hop/Rap/R&B) Music. The ideal candidate will possess strong administrative, organizational, and creative skills. Prior marketing and administrative experience in the music/entertainment field is required.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Provide support to senior members of the Marketing team.
- Manage quarterly budget reservations, fund transfers, vendor installation, creating requisitions, facilitating PO approval, rushes, invoice troubleshooting, vendor relations, etc.
- Create and update all one-sheets, timelines, quote sheets, and any other project-related documents
- Create and maintain artist calendars -Collect and organize all artist assets (photos, artwork, logos, music, bio, etc.
- Obtain necessary internal approvals on as-needed basis with the finance and legal departments
- Coordinate travel for artists and marketing division team
- Draft agreements for music videos and independent contractors, as well as various authorization forms
- Submit and monitor art or video requests to completion for any marketing assets needed (invites, posters, pseudo videos, etc.)
- Conduct research, compile and analyze data, and create reports as requested
- Work with PMs and engage third party companies to create, price out, and manufacture any tools or campaigns needed for specific marketing initiatives (ex: promotional items) and oversee their delivery
- Assist with administrative and day to day basic duties including answering phones, maintaining calendars and coordinating meetings
- Record and distribute marketing meeting minutes / organize meetings, music listening sessions
- Understand, be immersed and have a thorough knowledge of urban music sector with experience of promoter circuit, urban charts, digital and social media platforms, and grassroots/street marketing
- Any additional duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- Degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Strong Computer skills: Photoshop, SEO, SEM, Social media, Online Advertising, YouTube, Google and Facebook Analytics, Digital Media savvy, General online marketing knowledge
- Great social and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with external partners
- Strong administrative and organizational skills
- Ability to work under high pressure and speed
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer