Artist Development Product Manager, Bilingual (English/Spanish)
Universal Music Latin Entertainment (UMLE) is the world’s leading Latin entertainment company with operations in the United States and Mexico. The company is home to some of the most prolific names in Latin music, including Juanes, Alejandro Fernandez, Marco Antonio Solís, Los Tigres del Norte, Don Omar, Luis Fonsi, Juan Gabriel, Gloria Trevi, Café Tacvba, Belanova and Juan Magan, amongst many others. UMLE’s labels include Universal Music Latino, Machete Music, Capitol Latin, Fonovisa, Disa, Universal Music Mexico and GTS, the company’s artist management and booking division.
How we LEAD:
UNIVERSAL MUSIC LATINO
The Artist Development Product Manager serves as the lead strategist and communication link between Universal Music Latino’s artists, managers, label partners and internal/international departments, executing and communicating development strategies, roadmaps and initiatives for each assigned project.
As a product manager, the candidate must lead the development strategy of new artists by driving successful marketing campaigns that position the artist/project in the market while managing an aggressive communication strategy both internally and externally.
The candidate must have a strong commitment to artistry, innovation, entrepreneurship and a data-driven approach to make informed decisions in a fast-paced and global environment. Must be nimble, entrepreneurial, disruptive and have the ability to identify and seek opportunities across all markets and territories.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Become the global ambassador and main liaison of each artist development project.
- Plan, organize and execute ‘always on’ artist development marketing campaigns and set long-term objectives.
- Design the positioning of an artist/project to build the brand.
- Implement strategies to cut through the clutter and secure positioning of the artist.
- Lead the communication strategy and storytelling of the project locally and internationally.
- Design marketing timeline and goals for artist development marketing campaigns.
- Consistently secure opportunities and drive growth strategies.
- Effectively communicate and manage relationships with artists, managers, partners, media and the music community.
- Lead the product development strategy with the A&R departments and relay information to all departments.
- Manage marketing budgets and have a clear understanding of the project’s P&L.
- Research and understand the performance and opportunities of a project at any given time and across all markets/territories.
- Develop and communicate ongoing progress reports, pitch documents and updates for internal stakeholders and external business partners (commercial, D2C, publicity, digital, radio etc.)
- Work with brand partnerships team to seek and secure new business opportunities.
Bring your VIBE:
- BA Degree in related field.
- 2 years Product Marketing experience.
- Ability to work independently with an agile approach.
- Avid Social Media user, profound knowledge of social media, and early adopter to new platforms.
- Understanding of artist management and artists development needs.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task and be highly detail oriented.
- Deep understanding of music streaming, trends, data analysis and reporting tools.
- Knowledge of media planning and buying.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of traditional and digital media.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Teamwork skills including adaptability and collaboration
- Computer proficiency and experience using all standard software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Bilingual: English and Spanish proficiency
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.