We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
We are currently seeking a Credit & Collections Specialist who will play a key role in recommending new credit and extensions of credit through research and analysis of financial documents. The role manages a portfolio of accounts that may carry credit lines up to $ 5 M, practices, and procedures in a manner that will result in maximum sales, sound receivables and the prompt conversion of receivables into cash with a minimum of past due accounts. The position will use discretion as it relates to being in accordance with established policies. The role is also responsible for creating, managing, and maintaining relationships with not only the customers but also operating personnel within other UMG departments.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Manages account to ensure that it’s compliant to company’s credit and collection policies, practices, and procedures to the credit requirements of a designated number of customer accounts within specified authority levels
- Oversees workflow and day to day credit activities for claims and cash people assigned to the Specialist’s portfolio of accounts
Extension of Credit:
- Extends credit to customers with independent decision-making to be in compliance with established policy and terms
- Analyzes and evaluates requests for credit and plans due diligence to be performed
- Analyzes and interpret financial information, trade, bank, and credit reports. Determines if security [collateral] is needed to maximize sales potential while protecting accounts receivables and presents recommendations to management. Performs analysis on new and [periodically] on existing accounts
- Evaluates and makes independent decisions regarding credit limit increases or decreases, credit holds, and settlement negotiations within assigned authority levels
- Maintains and updates credit files, legal and government documents
- Manages and maintains account relationships that include meetings as needed with assigned accounts for collection purposes, reconciliation of customer accounts, security negotiations (collateral such as a letter of credit, advance, guarantee), financial strength evaluation, and customer relations. Determines if a settlement can be made.
- Ensures proper follow-up of delinquent accounts and manages a team working on account follow-up with assigned cash and claims employees
- Regularly monitors account exposures and aging accounts and determines the action to be taken on delinquent accounts, such as putting an account on hold. The decision made by the Analyst affects sales plan and account behavior.
- Analyzes trends of high-risk accounts, negotiating additional security [collateral] and/or extended payment terms where necessary
- Works closely with other departments, particularly sales, advertising, customer service, and logistics to resolve customer discrepancies
- Reconciles customer’s statements. Manages and resolves deductions and chargebacks
- Responsible for all credit activities for assigned accounts as it relates to company policy
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum (3) years of experience in a similar role
- Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements
- Working knowledge of current credit market conditions
- Knowledge of UCC code
- Basic accounting knowledge
- Ability to interact with all levels of management
- Proficient in MS Office, including strong Excel skills
- Ability to develop customer rapport, negotiate and attain closure with minimal supervision
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits, and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.