Full time contract 5 days/40 hours per week Monday – Sunday.
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Universal Music, Bravado and the Rolling Stones have combined to create one of London’s must visit destinations, a store to push the boundaries of retail as you know it. Where better to be located than right in the heart of Iconic Carnaby Street, the subculture playground from the Swinging 60’s to the present day.
Never seen before Audio and Visuals, around the store, will help us tell the story of the Rolling Stones - accompanied by a unique product package which will allow us to surprise and delight our customers.
Visitors can take a journey through the history of the band with the help of artist sculptures, glass showcases and hidden alcoves come sound booths, that combine to create a fully encompassing experience. ‘Hero’ products will be displayed in the basement as statements of intent as we will be collaborating with some of the most exciting brands across the Globe to ensure that we give our customers fresh and exciting new products, throughout the year. The customisation station adds another interactive element to the experience, meaning our customers can express their creative sides and leave our store with a truly original purchase.
Our store is the first of its kind and is a must visit destination for all fans of the Rolling Stones from around the World.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Retail Management | Be a team leader
- Help develop Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to maximise sales and enhance the visitor experience, support targets and minimise shrinkage. Ensure that all staff fully understand their responsibilities and comply with these procedures at all times.
- Ensure that accounting and financial procedures are strictly adhered to and embed a culture of control and financial discipline.
- Maintain a good knowledge and understanding of the retail market and in particular its relation to the arts and heritage world, feeding that knowledge into retail planning.
Team Management | Be a team player
- Develop and motivate the team to deliver the highest customer service by leading by example and supporting the Deputy Manager and Store Director in goal setting.
- Regularly review the performance and operation of the retail team in order to continuously improve the visitor experience and maximize sales and margin. Ensure the shop is maintained and run to the highest standard.
- Undertake other duties that may be necessary from time to time, that are appropriate to the role, within the competence of the role holder and commensurate with the post.
Sales | Be a sales representative
- Help and advise customers to select products from within the range to suit their needs
- Drive sales by highlighting the features and benefits of products on sale within the store
- Seek to add on and link sales, increasing ATV by highlighting combinations and options within the product range
- Understand daily, weekly & monthly sales targets and strive to over-achieve these.
Customer Service and Brand Experience | Be customer and brand focused
- Demonstrate real passion for the Brand, communicating in depth knowledge of the Rolling Stones’ past, present and future and how this relates to the retail range – not only to build sales but also to provide a unique customer experience.
- Manage the inevitable peaks and troughs of customer flow through staffing and crowd management as identified in the Retail Operations Manual
- Identify opportunities to enhance customer service, including building a customer database and exploring added value services
- Deliver strong customer service to enhance the visitor experience and encourage linked sales
Visual merchandising and display| Be Visual
- Ensure retail spaces are presented and merchandised to a high standard at all times and that standards are defined and maintained to reflect the brand and the commercial strategy and to promote sales growth
- Ensure that the visual merchandising, POS, layout and arrangement of the shop is continually evaluated and improved in order to maximise profit by monitoring sales against different arrangements and adapting layouts accordingly
Retail Operations | Be operational
- Support daily opening, closing, and reporting procedures
- Help coordinate store displays and special promotions
- Process cash and card transactions using the EPOS system, in accordance with the cash handling procedures
- Keep shop merchandise in stock, organised, and displayed appropriately
- Liaise with Warehousing to ensure stock deliveries are processed promptly, stored methodically and delivered to the shop as necessary
- Undertake other duties that may be necessary from time to time, that are appropriate to the role, within the competence of the role holder and commensurate with the post
Legal, Security, Health and Safety | Be responsible
- Be aware of and comply with all relevant Trading Standards requirements
- Adhere to all measures in place for social distancing and ensure all staff members are compliant with these measures
- Be comfortable to handle and process deliveries in line with our Health and Safety and Manual Handling guidelines
- Comply with the company’s health and safety regulations and procedures, as they relate to the shop (and associated areas) at all times
- Assist in the evacuation of the shop in the event of a fire, security alert or other emergency in accordance with stated procedures. Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of emergency procedures
- Maintain vigilance at all times to ensure the safety and security of property (the building, cash and stock) and the safety of the public
- Passionate about music and the Rolling Stones’ history and heritage.
- A strong track record in a retail supervisor position desirable– especially achieving sales targets and customer service
- Strong visual merchandising skills and high VM standards
- Significant customer-facing retail experience, including cash handling and use of EPOS systems
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
- 33 days holiday (pro rata for Part time contract)
- Car Salary Sacrifice
- Gym Discount
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.