Business Analyst and Strategy Manager (Manila)
Are you interested in working in the dynamic world of music and entertainment? Do you enjoy insights and analysis? Does numbers and data excite you?
Universal Music Group is in search of a Business Analyst and Strategy Manager to be based in Manila.
About the role:
- Your role will be to take broad business questions, develop engaging briefs and translate them into a clear structured approach.
- Drive projects from start to finish: define the data needed, conduct the analysis and come up with conclusive answers and specific strategic recommendations.
- Perform analysis from large sets of structured commercial data to identify actionable recommendations for the business and for artists.
- Create new frameworks of data analysis and interpretation for the business
- Apply contextual knowledge about artists and the music industry in your commercial data analysis and interpretation.
- Work closely with the Data / Analytics teams ensuring you are up-to-date and involved with the data analysis initiatives developed across the business.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar data analyst/strategist role
- Experience from entertainment, tech company, FMCG, music or related industry
- Strong database analytics and data extraction (SQL) skills are essential, ideally gained in a large data warehouse environment
- Ability to write well structured, performance SQL using advanced SQL techniques (e.g. Window Functions where appropriate.)
- Experience with column storage databases in general, and particularly Google BigQuery, would be an advantage. An understanding of performance tuning is desirable
- Data visualization (e.g. Tableau, Domo, Google DataStudio)
- Statistical modeling (R/Python), segmentation building would be a plus
- Excellent understanding of numbers, as well as a strong business sense.
- Ability to explain complex topics in simple terms. Can translate numerical findings into recommendations.
- Passion for music
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.