Jr. Security Engineer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How you’ll LEAD:
Our team is looking for a Jr. Security Engineer with entry level experience in information security, architecture and design concepts, cloud technologies, web and application security, network and infrastructure security, and security standards/best practices to join our team.
We take security very seriously, and protecting our customers is our highest priority. If you are a self-starter who is passionate about security and is excited to work in a highly collaborative environment alongside a diverse team of experts every day, this position is for you.
In addition to having strong technical skills, you must be comfortable in effectively communicating with business end users, technical IT teams, business partners, network providers, and business process outsourced vendors, all while being sensitive to a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds in a global business environment.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Assist as needed with information security needs, including data entry, report generation, etc.
- Gain experience with and operate information security tools and processes to assist GSO in protecting our environment and bolster security
- Keep up to date with Cyber Threat Intelligence and adversary behaviors, processes, actions and strategies
- Assist in the validation of information security controls via adversary simulations
- Leverage metrics to track effectiveness of security programs and services over time
- Become involved with projects as needed to provide support
- Create Quickbase applications
- Create processes and develop workflows in security orchestration, automation, and response (SOAR) platform
- Use Splunk to query and report data
- Take meeting notes
- Other duties as assigned
Bring your VIBE:
- This is an entry level position, so it requires curiosity, ability to learn new concepts quickly, and a desire to help where needed
- Ability to communicate security-related topics effectively with business representatives
- Analytical mind with a problem-solving attitude
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects at the same time
- Proficiency with Microsoft O365 services (Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft World, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.)
- Organizational and documentation skills
- Report writing, presentation and interpretation skills
- Self-starter with strong self-organization skills
- Team focus with an ability to work in a matrixed organization
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience with one or more programming languages
- Background in IT and/or information security tools and processes
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.