Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
We are seeking an inquisitive and proactive QA Engineer to join to join our Data Warehouse team.
You will be responsible for defining and executing tests on our BI and reporting platform on MicroStrategy to ensure the results are in accordance with the data sent from various data sources, such as the copyright and royalty processing system. You will be expected to be able to follow and validate the data through the ETL processing, and interrogate the relevant databases using queries to ensure data integrity, consistency and accuracy.
You will be highly involved in team participation, working closely with your SCRUM team to complete sprint work in the given timeframe.
If you are keen database and data tester and have a tenacious & pragmatic approach to finding issues, this is the role for you.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Interrogate tables in different RDBMS databases: DB2, MySQL, SQL Server SSIS Staging and Datastore DBs, Redshift DB.
- Using JIRA to track defects and tasks.
- Actively support Agile development methods and best practices.
- Understand the requirements from technical and business specifications.
- Contribute to the overall test strategy with ideas of tools and technologies, including the use of automated testing.
- Test planning and execution: create, enhance and maintain effective and high-value test scenarios for report testing, ensuring adequate depth and breadth of test coverage.
- Carry out end-to-end, data completeness and quality, regression testing, including standard data validation and ensure data maintains integrity at all stages of transformation (ETL) and data flow.
- Data preparation, data loads for journaling or ETL and processing in test environments.
- Data reconciliation in BI reports by means of reports comparison and by executing SQL queries.
- Take part in meetings, provide estimates, assist in presenting issues and solutions both orally and in writing.
- Work closely with the cross functional DWH team, liaise with the team to resolve problems or further fulfil user requirements.
- Assist business test team in UAT.
- Software Testing experience within SDLC, preferably in an agile or iterative development environment.
- Experience of technologies such as R, Python, Scala, Spark and Shiny.
- Data Warehouse (DWH), ETL and BI testing experience.
- Experience of relational databases and SQL, ability to write involved SQL queries to extract and interrogate data.
- Proficiency in Excel usage.
- Ability to work with complex calculations for different metrics.
- Solid understanding of software testing concepts and methodologies.
- Experience of test planning, execution and maintenance of test scenarios.
- Experience in defining functional and non-functional testing frameworks.
- Test automation experience.
- Understanding of risk identification and analysis.
- Great communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with AWS technology, MicroStrategy BI reporting tool.
- Knowledge of JIRA, Confluence.
- ISTQB qualifications.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.