Job title: Service Manager
Reporting To: Senior Director Digital Supply Chain
Department: Solutions and Services – Digital Supply Chain
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Main Purpose of Role:
This role works in the Digital Solutions and Service Management team within the Platform Operations group. In close coordination with the business stakeholders, and in partnership with internal and external technology teams, you will be expected to support the operational business and triage to resolve issues where possible, to optimize the digital supply chain processes and platforms, and ensure our business receives the very best levels of service possible and provide an interface between the business and the various service providers for service level concerns.
- Issue management & Analysis (Business support level 2):
- Monitoring the queue of issues for Release Workspace (RWS) & Distribution Workspace (DWS), triaging & detailed analysis of issues passed through from Business Support Level 1 (BSL1) via Jira
- Resolution of issues where possible/appropriate
- Ensuring the correct prioritization is applied and respected
- Detailed analysis & timely allocating to the relevant team any issues that need further technical support or bug fixing.
- Ongoing monitoring and communication of issues to the relevant technical and business teams
- Documentation of resolutions and workarounds, including Knowledgebase & Wiki style articles
- Generate statistics on issues raised and identify patterns of issues for improved service resolution or development and their impact on the business.
- The monitoring of the global service quality provided by internal & external service providers to UMG operational teams and related systems.
- Facilitating the relationship between system providers and stakeholders.
- Follow-up of the issue and request resolution process.
- Service level monitoring and escalation:
- Ensuring issue has been correctly identified and documented and is relevant for escalation.
- Close follow up of issues/requests escalated by the business until closure/completion.
- Ability to prioritize and escalate if necessary
- Supervise communications and ensure deadlines are shared with the business and the supplier
- Monitor the process integrity and facilitate / expedite resolution.
- Providing support to the operation teams their escalated functional issues and process concerns.
- Identifying inefficiencies and failures in our internal distribution processes, or support workflow set up and provide expertise and input to direct management to improve them.
- Quantifying the level of service and support of the service provider through investigation and analysis against targets and reporting to internal management.
- Monitoring and follow-up of internal and external communication as needed around service management projects including current status and project plans to ensure visibility of key stakeholders.
- Provide to direct management regular status and updates with regards to the current health of the service and support activities, the distribution processes and the on-going projects related to these areas.
- Ad-hoc analysis:
- Understanding of the objective and requirements
- Analysis and interpretation of the provided information
- Communication and presentation of the results to the operational teams
- Significant experience of business and systems analysis, issue management and reporting
- Experience working in the music industry, preferably in an international role and digital e-commerce
- Experience working in a digital operational environment, in particular with digital and/or physical supply chains and the systems, processes and databases to support those
- Experience of working closely with a variety of internal and external teams
- Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines and resolve urgent incidents
- Keen eye for detail
- Good organization skills, ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to mediate and resolve issues
- Expert knowledge of the MS Office suite
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to adapt
- Intellectually curious, tenacious
- A passionate interest in new technologies, digital and the entertainment industry
- Willing to travel to all Universal Music Group territories
- Ability to work within an international environment
Diversity and Inclusion:
Universal Music is an equal opportunities employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to a working environment where no one will be treated less favourably on grounds of their sex, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief or age
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.