Job title: Marketing Assistant
Reporting to: Marketing Manager
Division: Universal Music Catalogue
Location: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross (remote working currently)
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
UMC is the label responsible for ensuring the continued success of Universal Music Group’s world class catalogue of recordings. We work with some of the most successful, innovative, timeless and respected artists of all time, continuing to grow their audiences across multiple entry points and platforms and keep the world listening. From The Beatles to Massive Attack, through to the soundtracks of Disney, UMC develops strategies across audio, video, marketing, social, streaming and product development.
Our vision is a world where music doesn’t have a sell-by date. We believe music is timeless and as guardians of the best music catalogues in the world, we use our passion and knowledge to help people find their new favourite song, whether it is 2 days or 2 decades old.
Our purpose is to continually spark a connection and reconnection with music that matters drawing on new content, new platforms and new moments. We give momentarily forgotten music the chance to reconnect with new and unexpected audiences through great storytelling regardless of generation and genre.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you’ll support the marketing team in the planning and execution of our priority artist marketing plans. You’ll manage administrative processes and systems for the marketing team and facilitate support of activities with other departments.
You will assist in engaging new audiences with our artists across key marketing channels & partnerships to drive fan growth as well as retain and engage existing audiences.
Marketing project support
- Assist the marketing team on projects as and when required
- Build artist presentations for both internal & external stakeholders when required
- Liaise with external suppliers and project teams as and when required
- Assist Marketing Managers with artist research & timeline
- Coordinate showcases and artist promotion on behalf of the Marketing team and attend gigs to assist where required
- Be responsible for all D2C value add items across product, resourcing and delivering items where appropriate
- Use promostream to deliver music videos to channels
- Source and order any point of sale or promotional
- Support the Marketing team with delivering ad plans once signed off, where appropriate
- Be responsible for the instant gratification
- Assist with campaign
- Assist with research for new projects and competitor release insight and
- Ensure sales notes, release documents & schedules are updated weekly, with guidance from the Campaign Release Manager
- Supporting the campaign release team across projects as
- Check & approve Marketing Team uniport invoices & guide new suppliers through the set-up process when needed
- Keep track of label budgets, increasing when needed with relevant label finance
- Meeting and agenda
- Research and deliver relevant cross-industry best-practice marketing cases
- Research artist cultural & anniversary calendar years where
- Help with booking artist travel & preparing promo
- Any other reasonable duties and projects as required
- Be responsible for all FOC’s & Staff Product co-ordination, delegating when
- Delegate effectively to the Marketing intern when
- A passion for music
- Highly organised with strong administrative & presentation
- Proactive, solution oriented approach with the ability to learn quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and verbal & written communication skills
- Flexible and able to prioritise own workload with the ability to keep calm under pressure
- Tactful and diplomatic
- Self-motivated and able to use own initiative for problem solving
- Hard working, diligent and enthusiastic team player
- Proficient across Word, Excel & Powerpoint
- Strong ability to multitask
- A keen eye for detail
- Collaborative by nature and get energy bringing people together
- Flexibility to work hours above the normal working hours
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.