Senior Marketing Executive, Asian Repertoire
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
UMG is in search of a Senior Marketing Executive to be based in Singapore.
As the custodian of our labels/artists and the primary communicator/advocate both within and outside UMG, you are to maximise sales opportunities for assigned projects across all formats. You are to build the assigned artists to become the preferred choice of consumers through clear, relevant and differentiated marketing plans whilst managing the project within stipulated financial parameters. As a self-motivator, you are expected work with all stakeholders to achieve desired results.
Working in close partnership with your manager, director and fellow Marketing team, you are to generate innovative social and digital communications for our artists and their supporters across the Frontline/Catalogue & Regional (China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Korea) repertoire artist roster. The scope includes creating online & offline communities, engaging the target market and responding to changes in the market place to best represent artists.
About the role:
Oversee and complete the project cycle from start to finish mainly for all Regional Repertoire (Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, Korea, Japan & Singapore) releases, including:
- Keep abreast with all releases to ensure that posts are scheduled on social media to inform fans;
- Produce press release (in Chinese) from updates by Regional office, artist managements for the purpose of furnishing it the various media parties;
- Ensure plans are consistent with artists’ and company’s strategies;
- Plan and deliver a marketing plan for all priority and development artist designated releases
- Ensure the marketing concept relates to and targets artists community and consumer behaviour
- Communicate artist/project visions to all key stakeholders and work with:
– A&R, Labels, Management, Sales, Digital, Promotions, Bravado, Business Development, D2C - to achieve marketing and financial objectives
- Keep updated on overseas charts, trends, cycles and incorporate into artist/project strategies relevant to the portfolio
- Manage all marketing campaigns and ensure all deliverables are met.
Media & Creative Agency
- Work closely with multiple creative/media agencies in driving through the marketing communication strategies and creative visuals for campaigns
- Ensure creative/media agencies understand the marketing messages and campaign objectives
- Know artist/project audience and the most effective communication outreach
- Ensure the marketing plan drives the return on investment (ROI)
Radio, Media & Artist Relations
- Work and build excellent communications and rapport with the Radio, Media & Artist Relations Teams.
- Ensure artists achieve appropriate profile across all media platforms.
- Partner with and ensure the Media teams are in alignment on the marketing plans and campaign objectives for all key projects and provide all necessary platforms/tools in a timely fashion to achieve the desired outcomes.
- LOVE MUSIC!
- Degree in Marketing / Mass Communication
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with knowledge of music business practices, the market, trading terms and conditions
- Ability to read and speak Mandarin, fluent in Chinese writing is required.
- Strong knowledge of artists and labels signed to Universal Music Group
- Good grasp of marketing and consumer behaviour, social networking, new technologies and sales opportunities
- Tech-savvy including various digital platforms and devices
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, time-management and meticulous work-style.
Interested? Please follow the link to submit your application today!
Note: Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be notified.
Universal Music Group (UMG) is the world leader in music-based entertainment, with a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries.
Featuring the most comprehensive catalog of recordings and songs across every musical genre, UMG identifies and develops artists and produces and distributes the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music in the world. Committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship, UMG fosters the development of services, platforms and business models in order to broaden artistic and commercial opportunities for our artists and create new experiences for fans.
UMG's catalog is marketed through two distinct divisions, Universal Music Enterprises (in the U.S.) and Universal Strategic Marketing (outside the U.S.). UMG also includes Universal Music Publishing Group, one of the industry's premier music publishing operations worldwide and Bravado, the leading provider of consumer, lifestyle and branding services to recording artists and entertainment brands around the world. Universal Music Group is a Vivendi company.