Coordinator, Task Force for Meaningful Change (TEMP)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audio-visual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is currently looking for a Coordinator to support the Executive Director, Task Force for Meaningful Change (TFMC). This is a great opportunity for someone who is both passionate about music and equality, justice, and inclusion.
This exciting role requires superior attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet tight deadlines and to juggle multiple critical requests. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is important. Must be very efficient and highly attuned to the smallest of details, as well as being able to multi-task and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial. A “can-do” attitude is essential.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Project Management assistance across all the TFMC committees
- Responsible for taking meeting minutes and/or holding meetings on the Executive’s behalf when not available
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents/ presentations/run of show/one-pagers and other project work as assigned
- Develop and maintain databases of key data points for TFMC committees
- Work closely with Finance on managing and keeping track of funds
- Assist with research projects as needed
- Manage ad hoc projects as needed
- Duties and responsibilities may be amended from time to time in order to support efficient company operations
- Day-to-day management of Executive’s calendar in a fast-paced environment and anticipating critical events/Executive’s needs (Schedule meetings/ appointments and manage travel itineraries)
- Manage schedule by planning internal and external meetings, conferences, video conferences, arrange corporate events, etc.
- Ensure Executive is prepared for all meetings (relevant materials, participants, background information, etc.)
- Oversee Executive expenses and reimbursements and prepare the submission of expense claims in a timely manner
- Manage travel schedule, booking, and logistics
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality, establish, and maintain relationships both internal and external
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 5 years of administrative assistant and/or advanced administrative support experience, ideally working with senior leaders in a creative environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and professional presence with a customer service orientation
- Remains calm under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and perform a variety of tasks with a sense of urgency
- Ability to prioritize work tasks and handle appropriately
- Ability to redirect and change tasks quickly, and re-prioritize as new needs arise
- A team-oriented individual with the ability to deal effectively with all levels of staff in the resolution of problems and the completion of tasks
- Ability to process and integrate complex information and appropriately exercise independent judgment
- Strong organizational skills necessary to organize and deal with the workload that involves tight deadlines, managing multiple tasks and projects simultaneously as well as confidentially.
- Excellent personal computer skills including advanced skills in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel Outlook, Visio, and/or Project (or similar program management software) required
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.