Founded in 1984, Def Jam Recordings has represented the cutting-edge in hip-hop music for more than 35 years. Def Jam began as a maverick independent label inspired by downtown New York City’s vibrant street culture and the emerging sound of hip-hop, pioneered by iconic stars like LL Cool J, Slick Rick, The Beastie Boys and Public Enemy. Over the following two decades, Def Jam established its dominance with superstar acts like Jay-Z, DMX, Ja Rule, Method Man & Redman, Ludacris, Rihanna, Jeezy, and the inimitable Kanye West. Now in its fourth decade, Def Jam’s music and lifestyle has grown into a global brand – synonymous with creativity, quality and authenticity – encompassing a diverse roster of marquee and emerging stars like West, Justin Bieber, Alessia Cara, Logic, Pusha T, Jadakiss, Vince Staples, Jeremih, Big Sean, YG, 2 Chainz, Dave East, and Jhene Aiko, among others. Today, Def Jam has reaffirmed its passion for and commitment to hip-hop culture and has expanded its global brand reach to become the most-followed major label on all major social media platforms.
How we LEAD:
Def Jam Recordings seeks a Commerce Coordinator to amplify the efforts of the sales/streaming team. This includes confirming product delivery, pitch forms, playlist tracking and DSP page updates across all Def Jam releases. This person will manage the back-office functions with digital commercial partners to hit streaming objectives and create incremental marketing objectives and opportunities.
How you'll CREATE:
- Track streams, playlisting, creates and views weekly/daily and publish reports and identify outliers.
- Facilitate delivery of digital streaming products through supply chain to DSPs.
- Update artist DSPs pages with images, playlists, lyrics, links, and other information as needed
- Pin playlists/albums/songs to artist Spotify profiles
- Execute Pandora AMP feature tracks and podcasts
- Prepare Tik Tok timestamps and submit sounds for content claiming
- Manage reposting on You Tube Community tab, You Tube playlists and Shorts.
- Alexa Voice testing and advance metadata tagging of new releases
- Maintain Def Jam website, including– but not limited to –new releases and streaming links.
- Curate Def Jam brand pages on Tik Tok, Spotify, Soundcloud and You Tube.
- Curate digital only artist themed streaming compilations
- Manage artist onboarding process, compiling links, artist aliases and DSP assessments.
Bring your VIBE:
- 2 to 3 years related experience in music and entertainment industries.
- Digital marketing experience is a plus
- Superior skill with Excel, Google Drive, Monday.com, Slack and Microsoft Teams
- Knowledge of latest technology trends with an understanding of online user behavior and media consumption.
- Knowledge of Chartmetric and Illuminate (formerly MRC)
- Knowledge of digital supply chain processes
- Solid communication skills coupled with a passionate attitude.
- An analytical mind with solution-oriented thinking
- A detail-oriented personality
- Ability to operate in a highly collaborative manner and work in pressure situations
- Must be a team player that values the success of the overall group.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.