Manager, International Planning, Supply Chain
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
The UMG Supply Chain Operations Team is responsible for managing the end-to-end Supply Chain for all Physical Products, including Music (Vinyl, CD and other) and Merchandise (T-shirts, accessories bundles, etc.). It includes the setup, manufacturing, and distribution of time sensitive and confidential media product in demanding retail and consumer direct markets.
The Planning Manager will be responsible for Supply Chain planning processes for all product configurations managed through the UMG Supply Chain Network with an emphasis on International facilitation. The Manager will help ensure Global consistency in the planning processes, approach, security measures, data models and tools collaborating with other UMG Operational teams in all territories.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Collaborate with all UMG operations, commercial, marketing, and merchandise teams to align planning tools and processes to support secure International releases across all product configurations for music and merchandise
- Revisit forecasting models for all product configurations and improve forecast accuracy
- Ensure Planning tools and processes are effective across all sales channels and product life cycles for all product families for music and merchandise
- Ensure High Security protocol and processes are defined and implemented for global execution of release plans, including rights management across all sales channels.
- Revisit and refine Capacity planning models for key suppliers for Music (Optical and Vinyl) and Merchandise
- Provide guidance to the UMG New Release and Catalog Planners, Label Production, and international Marketing teams in terms of Plant assignments, capacity utilization, planning contingencies, product creation, and security protocols.
- Collaborate with UMG Operations teams and suppliers to maximize value and security protocol through the Supply Chain network for music and merchandise
- Collaborate with UMG Operations teams to trouble shoot issues, find creative solutions, and manage constraints when overcapacity situations occur
- Generate weekly, monthly, or ad hoc reporting and data modeling to improve planning processes and all other Operations KPIs.
- Develop and maintain Supply Chain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to measure performance against established targets and benchmarks. Define opportunities to leverage Planning processes to drive improvement in performance.
- Analyze business needs and identify opportunities to improve operational efficiencies, improve security, and reduce total delivered costs across the Supply Chain.
- Support the planning and optimization of Global Sourcing efforts
- Focus on continuous improvement, consistently look for ways to improve current processes, methodologies, and systems to reduce cost and increase efficiency
- Work with IT teams to implement system enabled process enhancements with respect to Planning tools and processes
- Provide back up support to other roles in the Supply Chain Operations organization
Bring your VIBE:
- Industry experience in physical and digital production, for music and merchandise
- Demonstrated ability to drive value throughout a global supply chain network
- Able to work independently with limited supervision
- Prioritizes work activities; plans and stays organized to meet commitment and productivity standards
- Manages timelines; deals effectively with pressure
- Experience working with International companies and territories
- Experience managing high security projects, protocol and security breaches
- Must be highly proficient with planning processes, systems, analytical tools and data
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and others)
- Takes initiatives, ownership, and follow-through with ability to manage multiple projects in a deadline-driven environment
- Is positive, have high energy and drive
- Collaborate well with others
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Expresses written ideas, thoughts, facts, and recommendations in a clear, convincing, and organized way
- Ability to effectively relate to and communicate with people at all levels of the organization as well as Suppliers and Customers
- Ability to analyze data and trends, make educated conclusions based upon data and initiate improvement based on findings
- Demonstrates experience in extracting and segmenting data to facilitate data analysis
- Some travel may be required on limited basis
- English language required
- Any other language is an asset
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in, Supply Chain, Logistics, or International Business. Related experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Demonstrated technical proficiency with data analytic systems and tools
- Solid understanding of end-to-end Supply Chain Management operations, including label & territory planning, manufacturing, logistics and general warehouse operations globally
- Demonstrated proficiency in release planning and scheduling, with emphasis on International products for music and merchandise
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.