Senior Network Engineer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking a Senior Network Engineer that will be a key member of our Network Services Team by applying their extensive networking skills and understanding of how networks really work in a global enterprise, to ensure the smooth and efficient ongoing operation of the UMG Global Network. A high level of diverse technical skills for troubleshooting and problem analysis is required, along with the ability to clearly communicate the results of problem analysis to business stakeholders, IT support teams, and network providers to quickly and effectively resolve operational issues.
This position requires established and proven network support experience in a global network environment. This includes a working knowledge in network technologies, LAN/WAN/Wireless technologies, VOIP and Collaboration Solutions, remote access solutions, network security, identity management, DNS, DHCP, network performance analysis and capacity planning, and experience with network monitoring tools.
In addition to having strong technical skills, you must be comfortable in effectively communicating with business end users, technical IT teams, business partners, network providers, and business process outsourced vendors, all while being sensitive to a wide diversity of cultural and technical backgrounds in a global business environment.
• Diagnose and solve problems by providing 2nd & 3rd level support, working with other team members as needed, frequently under time constraints and business pressure.
• Provide network support and configuration assistance to application teams deploying at public Cloud providers (AWS, Azure, & GCP).
• Provide guidance as required to network providers.
• Provide detailed network performance analysis for application traffic.
• Work with network vendors and global/regional IT groups to resolve problems compliant with SLAs.
• Support for firewalls and the remote access environment, including client VPN.
• Coordinate and schedule changes to the operational environment with other UMG business unit IT groups and network vendors, ensuring adequate tests are carried out prior to enhancements, upgrades, and other network changes.
• Support of the Design and Build teams within UMG for large projects.
• Assist in the implementation of new networks and upgrades while ensuring they are compliant to UMG standards.
• Provide Wide Area Network reliability, availability, and performance reporting as necessary.
• Maintain high quality network documentation.
• Maintain and implement high quality operational standards, processes and procedures.
• Maintain network redundancy, backup and recovery processes, and disaster recovery procedures.
• Build partnerships and trust with other information technology areas, vendor technical staffs, and customers in the business units.
• Participate in on-call rotation, and as such, work out of standard business hours will occasionally be required.
• Identify opportunities and implement solutions to improve availability, reliability, efficiency, performance and overall service.
• Maintain & enhance knowledge of key technologies.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge, understanding, and experience with the following:
- Network infrastructure (WAN, MAN, LAN, Wifi, QoS for Data, Voice, and Video)
- Network protocols (IP, OSPF, BGP, RIP, IPSec, etc)
- MPLS / VPN / Hybrid WAN / SD-WAN / Metro Networks / leased lines
- Network Hardware (Cisco routers and switches, cabling, Palo Alto firewalls)
- Deep understanding and experience with network configuration related to Cloud Providers such as AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Basic understanding of Network Automation tools and methodologies (Puppet, Chef, Ansible)
- Ability to code in common scripting language, Python preferred
- Network performance analysis and reporting
- Remote Access solutions (client VPN, small office VPN, business to business VPN)
- Network security (firewalls and security monitoring)
- Public and private DNS (Microsoft/AWS Route 53), DHCP.
- Network Monitoring & troubleshooting (PRTG, Nagios, MRTG, Wireshark, Netflow, Riverbed Profiler, SNMP)
- Identity Management (Active Directory, ADFS, Azure AD, 2 Factor Auth, TACACS, Cisco ACS, Radius, PEAP)
- VOIP and Collaboration Systems (Skype for Business, Teams, Slack, Avaya)
- Incident, Change, and Problem Management processes within an ITIL based framework.
- Operating systems: Microsoft (Server and Desktop), Mac OS X, Linux
- Microsoft Office 365 & Visio Professional
• Understanding of basic Dev/Ops methodologies including sprints, scrums, and workflows
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the organisation.
• Proven ability to work effectively within and across teams, developing and maintaining collaborative relationships with people from different cultures and diverse backgrounds.
• Established and proven experience of providing WAN & LAN support in diverse environments for 5 to 10 years
• International experience is beneficial. Additional languages a plus.
• Cisco Certification (CCNP or higher)
• ITIL v3 Foundation Certification strongly desired
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or closely related field or comparable education and experience preferred
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.