Director, Brand Management
Bravado International Group is the only global, 360-degree full-service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world’s largest record company, as well as the group’s significant marketing strength.
How we LEAD:
Bravado is currently looking for a Director of Brand Marketing to join our Brand Management team. This individual will face the unique needs and challenges of the music & apparel industries, to deliver full-service brand management across a diverse list of artist clients. This includes day to day management of collection launches that inspire our artists, capture the imagination of customers, drive revenue to the bottom line, and build great partnerships.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Responsible for leading brand management and storytelling for a series of Bravado clients: Develop the brand’s mission and strategy, oversee P&L, manage brand standards and usage guidelines, coordinate product development and execution, advocate e-commerce and retail opportunities.
- Strengthen current artist & artist management relationships through creative ideas and professional communication. Be the visionary to test new product offerings that align with client’s brand.
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders, including label teams, creative and production, sales, e-commerce and retail, to facilitate the development of products from inception to finished product, that reach consumers wherever they are shopping. Be the glue that keeps cross-functional teams working together effectively.
- Work closely with all stakeholders of marketing (internal and external) to develop creative marketing campaigns that tie to global brand plans and support the brand’s vision.
- Monitor and analyze business metrics in order to optimize product line and maximize commercial opportunity.
- Ensure campaigns and strategies are executed to the highest standards.
- Ensure all materials are consistent with strategy, on time and within budget, legally compliant. Drive the development of existing and potential client presentation materials.
Bring your VIBE:
- Day to Day Brand Management operations including design solicitation, creative approvals, production specs, quantities and quality, e-commerce and retail launches, customer service needs.
- Oversee artist asset delivery/ communication to internal creative department.
- Create and manage “launch” calendar/ checklist for all products and initiatives- coordinate with talent mgmt. on all corresponding events – music launches, tours, seasonal holidays, anniversaries, etc.
- Work with customer engagement team and artist teams to proactively facilitate social, email and online marketing plans supporting apparel drops
- Support all other departments to ensure their needs are met for the launch timeline, be it marketing production or creative, including keeping departments aware of any and all artist/brand activity.
- Responsible for representing the company in meetings, at shows and on calls with management and bands/brands.
- Overseeing special projects for the department as necessary, including pop up shops, special events, etc.
- Create and design brand presentations for clients, retail sales, brand partnerships, and collaboration opportunities.
- 7-10 years experience managing a brand and launching products globally
- Creative thinker and problem solver
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally
- Great communication skills, written and oral, interpersonal and group settings
- Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Product Management Tools
- Apparel experience preferred
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.