Senior Manager, Global Design & Creative, Digital Goods
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is seeking a highly motivated and creative individual to join the Commercial Innovation & Artist Strategy team as Senior Manager, Global Design & Creative, Digital Goods. The ideal candidate will exhibit proficiency in both digital design and marketing with a strong ability to establish go-to-market plans and execute digital led projects. This role requires a candidate who has previous experience in the entertainment, blockchain, and/or games categories to act as an authority across creative design and advance relevant partnerships. This role must be able to create presentations that express the team’s objectives and strategies through outstanding, high-quality visuals while also designing digital assets and developing cutting-edge marketing ideas for UMG’s extensive roster of talent.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Develop and design bespoke digital assets and strategies in collaboration with artists, frontline labels, managers, and partners.
- Provide creative direction for digital campaigns and activations across UMG’s partners and roster of talent. These activations include, but are not limited to, crypto collectible drops, metaverse experiences, music video premieres, and merch integration across social platforms.
- Leverage a network of developers, creators/artists, and personnel at platforms across digital goods to support UMG’s short- and long-term growth in the category.
- Be able to create one-sheets and presentations that capture pioneering strategies developed by the Commercial Innovation & Artist Strategy team accessible to audiences with varying levels of expertise.
- Incorporate extensive knowledge of creative trends, digital character design, storyboarding, and UX/UI into activations and initiatives across the organization.
- Craft decks, audiovisual pieces, creative briefs, and one-sheets that communicate the strategies, KPIs, and relevant data around any given release or project.
- Introduce and liaise with relevant creative partners to ensure synergistic long-term relationships.
- Implement the latest trends, newest content types, and emerging technologies into creative direction to maintain the interest and engagement of talent, partners, and consumers.
- Collect and assess qualitative and quantitative data to inform creative strategy and production approach, making sure to iterate based on findings.
- Work collaboratively with artists, creators, partners and UMG teams.
- 3+ years of creative direction or graphic design experience at a media/entertainment company or in a related industry.
- Must be proficient with photo and video editing software across the Adobe Creative Cloud or similar set of applications, including Photoshop, Premiere Pro, Illustrator, or equivalent.
- Experience with 2D and 3D animation, virtual reality, UX/UI design, and metaverse architecture across platforms preferred.
- Must be proficient with Keynote and Microsoft Office apps, namely PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Must be comfortable with collaboration and asset management tools like Box, Google Drive, Dropbox, Evernote, Basecamp, and the like.
- Experience managing projects from initial development to completion.
- Experience writing copy that conveys relevant information clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Must be passionate about design across media formats and content types.
- Must thrive in a team environment but also have the ability to take initiative and work independently with minimal direction.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must understand and exhibit interest in emerging technologies.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize effectively with numerous simultaneous projects, and work well under pressure.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design or related field preferred.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.