Coordinator, Digital Marketing
Founded in 1984, Def Jam Recordings has represented the cutting-edge in hip-hop music for more than 35 years. Def Jam began as a maverick independent label inspired by downtown New York City’s vibrant street culture and the emerging sound of hip-hop, pioneered by iconic stars like LL Cool J, Slick Rick, The Beastie Boys and Public Enemy. Over the following two decades, Def Jam established its dominance with superstar acts like Jay-Z, DMX, Ja Rule, Method Man & Redman, Ludacris, Rihanna, Jeezy, and the inimitable Kanye West. Now in its fourth decade, Def Jam’s music and lifestyle has grown into a global brand – synonymous with creativity, quality and authenticity – encompassing a diverse roster of marquee and emerging stars like West, Justin Bieber, Alessia Cara, Logic, Pusha T, Jadakiss, Vince Staples, Jeremih, Big Sean, YG, 2 Chainz, Dave East, and Jhene Aiko, among others. Today, Def Jam has reaffirmed its passion for and commitment to hip-hop culture, and has expanded its global brand reach to become the most-followed major label on all major social media platforms.
How we LEAD:
Def Jam Recordings seeks a Digital Marketing Coordinator to support Def Jam’s digital team across a variety of initiatives. These include asset creation, social content editing, CRM messaging, data analysis, curation, and digital campaign reporting across Def Jam Recordings’ artist roster.
How you'll CREATE:
- Responsible for maintaining all digital team dashboards, Google Docs, BOX, Slack, LinkFire, SoundScan, Meltwater, Crowdtangle, and internal department tracking documents.
- Track campaign results and publish weekly reports with relevant comparative information for benchmarking.
- Maintain database of department documents, complete artist social list, database of artist fan sites and tracker of latest artist imagery
- Update DefJam.com website with artist news and new projects
- Research and monitor Tik Tok trends and other social media trends for artists to potentially engage in
- Assist with short form video content creation for Def Jam and artist accounts
- Identify and communicate digital trends
- Provide general support across digital including but not limited to CRM, social, links, asset creation and more.
- Update artist socials to ensure they are updated with new release images, messaging, links, and more.
Bring your VIBE:
- Establishment of repetitive and scalable processes
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot quickly and resourcefully
- Superior communication skills.
- Excellent Excel, PowerPoint, Wordpress, Photoshop and AV editing skills.
- Familiarity with HTML and SQL.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines.
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Must be a strong team player that values the success of the overall group.
- 3-4 years related experience in social media, content development and marketing in music, entertainment, gaming or lifestyle industries.
- A detail-oriented personality coupled with a creative and passionate attitude.
- Knowledge of latest technology trends with an understanding of user behavior and media consumption.
- The ideal candidate is a self-starter, who can perform well under pressure and enjoys working in a fluid environment.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.