We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family.
How we LEAD:
IGA is currently seeking an accomplished Executive Administrative professional with experience supporting senior executives. This role requires exceptional attention to detail, great organizational skills, the ability to meet critical deadlines, and to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information, and professionalism in dealing with senior executives inside and outside the company is essential. This role will represent the executive in a positive and professional manner and partner with the executive to help ensure the effectiveness of the function. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, creative, and adaptable.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Day-to-day management of the Executive’s schedule
- Interacting with client and potential clients as well as other artists and high-level visitors, in person or by telephone
- Prepare internal and external presentations including preparation for media interviews
- Read and route correspondence; draft responses and other documents as requested; manage email for Executive and assist with music organization and distribution as needed
- Manage schedule by planning internal and external meetings, conferences, award presentations, teleconferences, and both business and family travel
- Prepare submission of expense claims on a timely basis
- Provide key administrative support for principal’s civic and industry commitments
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 1 year experience preferred
- Develop and demonstrate professional knowledge of the business
- Ability to create efficiency using technology and music-based systems
- Competency using Mac and PC
- Use organizational skills to manage office and time in fast-paced environment and anticipate critical events/Executive’s needs
- Proven ability to work effectively with senior management and senior level clients
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to manage highly confidential information and to always act calmly and professionally
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Travel Logistics
- Highly organized
- Sincere interest in music
- People driven
- Great communication skills (as the person will be dealing with all levels)
- Extreme discretion with sensitive information
- Extroverted/ dynamic personality
- Willingness to put time in after hours and on weekends as needed
- Adaptable to a variety of situations with numerous personalities
- Has worked in very fast paced environments
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, & Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.