Responsible to: General Manager
Department: Mercury Studios
Location of work: 4 Pancras Square, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music UK who help make us Britain’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
Your responsibility as our office manager is to ensure the smooth running of our team and office, organising people, information, systems, and other resources as needed so everyone can do their best work and have a great place to work.
You'll be the glue that makes things work – from ensuring we’re using the right systems for the right job, to organising team building and social events to keep team morale high. From anticipating future business needs and making sure we ready for new challenges, to ensuring our office space is well maintained and a great place to work – no job is too big or too small for our office manager.
What defines our office manager is you’ll be highly organised, able to work in a structured way and able to tackle a myriad of different tasks and duties – often juggling several at the same time.
The primary role is to be the central point of contact for everyone within our team(s), to have an overview of many different things, an impeccable working knowledge of the business and its aims, and to pitch in wherever necessary to ensure the company operates smoothly – including working with IT, HR, workplace, artist liaison and any other departments necessary for the smooth running of Mercury Studios and Globe – in the UK and US too.
Depending on your capacity, skills, and personal development goals there is scope to take on additional projects, and project management, within the business alongside your Office Manager role responsibilities.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Excellent organisational and time-management skills
- knowledge of commonly used office packages including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), Keynote, Zoom, SharePoint, Monday, etc
- The ability to prioritise tasks and work under pressure
- Good teamworking skills and the confidence to lead and motivate a team
- The ability to manage your workload and supervise others concurrently
- excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills, with the ability to converse at all levels of the organisation
- Negotiation and relationship-building skills
- Attention to detail
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing workloads
- A problem-solving approach to work
- Project-management skills
- To be on hand offering day to day team support
- Assist with new starter set up / onboarding and be responsible for collection of leavers equipment
- Be the point of contact for office bookings (incl. external production team) & oversee ‘Return to office’ plans
- To be responsible for coordinating floor moves and updating floor plans
- Manage and approve meeting room requests for Globe and Mercury Studios
- To assist with office refit tasks: furniture orders, sourcing prints for framing & allocating lockers.
- Arrange team building exercises and assist with social events (UK & US)
- To oversee work experience and allocate tasks within the team
- To assist with outstanding brand tasks: company signature & printed stationary
- To be the central contact responsible for asset sharing and file storage within the team
- Day to Day ad hoc administrative tasks
- To make sure refreshments & stationary cupboards are stocked and kept neat & tidy
- Screen and manage incoming and outgoing post for the department
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive, and exhaustive statement.