Software Developer, Test Automation
Ingrooves is a leading global music marketing and distribution company. We provide labels and artists with a global team of experts and a powerful technology framework, giving them transparent distribution tools and marketing solutions to maximize revenue in today’s dynamic music marketplace. By embracing data science and continually updating its offerings, Ingrooves is redefining the modern music company.
How we LEAD:
The successful candidate considers themselves either a software tester with the ability to program, or a software developer with good testing abilities. They will need to be able to not only successfully create the automated test code, and update the test framework, but also be able to come up with high quality test cases and scenarios which they then implement to ensure that the software is running as expected. Some manual testing is required. This position reports to the Senior Manager of QA, and is based in Victoria, BC.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Research, design, and propose solutions to automation of testing and testing ideas
- Explore the product to understand how features, systems, and projects work together, and how best to improve testing quality, and coverage, and decrease risk
- Write high-quality code that satisfies our needs, striving for simplicity, clarity, and testability
- Participate in, and solicit, code reviews accepting and offering timely, and constructive, criticism that helps prevent defects in both our project code, and test code
- Find and write up, bugs to make sure that the project has as complete information as possible about the quality of the product
- Participate in the Agile Scrum development process
Bring your VIBE:
- 3+ years of experience (some combination of testing and/or programming)
- Working knowledge of RESTful APIs
- Experience writing code with Python
- Experience with relational databases (eg. PostgreSQL, MSSQL) is preferred
- Working knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Experience with software development lifecycle, TDD, and Agile development practices
- Comfortable working in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience testing web pages and web services
- A strong analytical nature and the need to figure out why something didn’t work as expected
- Strong communication skills, and willingness to push for quality products
- Quick learner with the desire to learn well beyond what is necessary
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.