Monitoring Lead Engineer
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
As a key member of the UMG IT Operations team, the Monitoring Lead Engineer is responsible for evaluating, selecting, installing, and maintaining our monitoring and support tools. The right candidate will have a strong background in monitoring toolsets, data analysis, and operational reporting to conduct business with dispersed cross-functional teams. Candidate should also have experience and skills in developing reports and organizing data for reporting and fulfillment of audit requests. The candidate is expected to be technically adept but also a good communicator and team player
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work with IT stakeholders to evaluate and select tools to facilitate IT Operations including monitoring, reporting, and automation capabilities
- Responsible for installing and maintaining IT Operations tools to ensure their availability
- Create and maintain documentation for all IT Operations tools
- Collaborates on IT Operations continuous improvement
- Maintain roadmap for monitoring toolsets
- Monitor infrastructure capacity and performance
- Conduct analysis and provide suggestions to improve the delivery of services
- Work with Technology Team stakeholders to develop Technology Operations reports and dashboards
Bring your VIBE:
- A minimum of five years of experience in the information technology industry
- Two or more years specifically working with monitoring tools preferred
- Experience in the design and delivery of presentations to both technical and business leadership teams
- Experience designing and maintaining support tools such as Cisco ISE, Cisco DNA, and Palo Alto Panorama
- Experience designing and maintaining automation tools such as Chef, Puppet, and Ansible
- In-depth knowledge in monitoring tools
- Experience in creating Operation Dashboards capable of presenting information to multiple levels from technician to business leader
- Experience with creating and maintaining scripts and custom code to support monitoring tools
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to conduct research into issues and products as required
- Familiarity with IT governance standards including ITIL
- Ability to foster and work in a team environment, as well as being self-motivated and self-responsible.
- Desktop skills/applications – Windows, MS Office suite / Visio
- Experience with Tools such as Nagios, PRTG, SolarWinds, VIAVI, NetScout
- Experience with ServiceNow and Dynatrace highly desired
- Solid written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills
- BA or BS degree in an IT-related field or an equivalent combination of formal education and applicable experience required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.