Enterprise Solutions Architect
Please note, this position is located in Charlotte, NC.
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How you’ll LEAD:
As an Enterprise Architect, you are expected to create and maintain target and current state architecture to help on-going modernization efforts. The EA owns various processes and standards that help to maintain compliance and the on-going maintenance of these would require the EA to work with various teams such as Legal, Risk, Audit, Controls, Governance, Dev and Dev Ops, Compliance etc. The architect will work on transformational efforts driven by both Business and Technology organizations.
EA operates across organizational and technology "silos" to ensure the reliability and sustainability of the data platform. This role works closely with Information Security, Technology and Business Subject Matter Experts, IT and Business Leaders.
How you’ll CREATE:
- The Enterprise Architect (EA) will be accountable for assisting in the analysis and design of the enterprise information architecture to meet technical and business requirements. This includes assessment of new products and methods, developing and implementing appropriate IT data practices across multiple applications, operating systems, hardware platforms and delivery models (Cloud and internally hosted).
- Develops and maintains UMG's information architecture for the organization to enable knowledge-worker productivity and improve end-user experience and decision-making capabilities
- Provides the organization with a future-state view of the information landscape that is unencumbered by the specific data implementation details imposed by proprietary solutions or technologies.
- Ensures the data and the information needs of the business are realized through an intentional information architecture.
- Document the infrastructure architecture environment and procedures to ensure the infrastructure remains cost effective, efficient, and of high quality.
- Re-Engineers and maintains an enterprise-wide view of the data across all business systems. Analyzes information requirements specified by the user community and designs the required data structures to support those requirements.
- Lead evangelist and influencer for all things 'data' at UMG by establishing strong business and technology relationships throughout the company.
- Champions efforts to improve business performance through enterprise information solutions and capabilities, such as master data management (MDM), metadata management, analytics, content management, data integration, and related information management or information infrastructure components.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of experience in Information Technology disciplines related to data and information management with progressing increases in responsibility throughout their career.
- Specifically, the incumbent must have at least 5 years' experience as an Information Architect
- Experience working in marketing and e-commerce data architectures is highly desired.
- Highly skilled at conceptualizing information through the use of diagrams and models. Effective conceptualization, pattern recognition and design thinking skills.
- Expert level Data-modeling and information classification expertise at the enterprise level.
- System integration experience, including interface design, and familiarity with web-oriented architecture techniques.
- Expert understanding of the differences between relational modeling and object modeling. Expert understanding of meta-models, taxonomies and ontologies, as well as of the challenges of applying structured techniques (data modeling) to less-structured sources.
- Expert knowledge and hands-on experience with MDM, BI, data warehouse design and implementation techniques.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.