Music is Universal
It’s the passionate and dedicated team at Universal Music who help make us the world’s leading music company. From A&R to finance, legal to digital, sales to marketing, Universal Music is the place to grow and develop your career within a truly commercial and innovative business that leads in everything it does.
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces, and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, including alternatives to the online form or to disclose a neurocognitive condition, please email [email protected]
The A Side: A Day in The Life
As a Metadata Manager within the UK Metadata Operations team, you will be responsible for ensuring a high standard of metadata within our repertoire systems through its collation and creation in support of our UK based labels. This is a vital function as it informs, supports and entrusts that our metadata is complete and correct for all of our partners, both internal and external.
You will utilise your strong interpersonal skills and system knowledge to build solid relationships with the labels you represent and the business functions that require the data and by doing so you will be able to guide your key stakeholders to ensure the data works for each part of the chain from label to partner.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Manage repertoire setup, research, completion and approval tasks for both frontline and catalogue releases managed within the UK
- The provision of fast and accurate resolution of data issues is critical to the success of this role. This will often require liaising directly with our legal, finance, royalties, distribution, reporting and business partners globally to ensure that a solution works for all parts of the business and that a release date is not missed
- Providing guidance where needed to ensure that the labels marketing requirements are successfully translated into the correct set up throughout the supply chain
- Provide metadata input and expertise to ongoing UK owned / controlled data acquisitions
- Provide support for data clean-up projects
- Liaise with production and delivery teams to ensure all projects are scheduled correctly
- Seek understanding of downstream systems/processes in order to enhance end-to-end knowledge so as to provide the best guidance possible to your label(s)
- Manage daily workloads by assessing business priority in a timely manner (i.e. being aware of product release dates)
- Ask appropriate questions and liaise with key contacts and stakeholders
- Ensure that complex issues are acknowledged within a given SLA and progress updates are provided to stakeholders
- Be up to date with enhancements to systems via regular UAT testing in support of new system functions
- Customer focused. Must be solutions-oriented with a positive attitude and strong work ethic and have an impeccable attention to detail
- A detailed understanding of metadata requirements and related issues across all product types, media and genres
- Strong understanding of the creation of metadata and how this is interpreted in:
- The requirements of physical supply chain divisions
- The requirements of financial reporting systems
- The needs of broadcast / neighbouring rights societies
- The needs of copyright / royalty divisions
- Strong interpretative skills – able to translate customer’s requests (or spot when more information is needed) into tasks that will solve the underlying issue (as this is not always clear from the outset)
- Quick learner: Experienced in being able to quickly understand new business information systems and processes
- Ability to work closely with other team members while, at the same time, taking responsibility for personal workload
- Excellent communication, reporting and trouble-shooting skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, multi-task and be highly flexible in order to juggle priorities and meet all deadlines
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know...
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.