Senior Manager - Video QC Ops
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
This role is responsible for supervising an international video / technical operations team in our London office location. Primary workflows include supervising video content QC and remediation while also acting as an operator to do the same.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- Efficiently utilize various audio, video, and ancillary production and post-production tools (compression systems, encoders, decoders, converters, pre-processing systems, subtitling and closed captioning software, as required) while ensuring the proper use of such tools by the wider team.
- Review (and create) automated + manual Master QC reports with an attention to detail to systematically flag potential issues or concerns with the content of those reports.
- Update and maintain content metadata for incoming assets, utilizing 3rd party and proprietary tracking and asset management systems
- Make sound, independent decisions, and know when to escalate issues.
- Edit, compress and quality check audio, video, and captions program material for subsequent productization and archive.
- Analyze project delivery performance to identify trends, diagnose issues and reinforce quality standards to improve overall delivery quality and efficiency.
- Act as a technical point of contact and operator related to video production and post-production workflows.
- A proven track record in digital video and audio post-production sectors.
- Thorough working knowledge of video encoding, audio and video mastering and their common failures or technical challenges.
- Strong expertise and experience in audio, video, and caption-based workflows utilizing tools such as Adobe Premiere.
- The aptitude to normalize, modify, and prepare file-based content to defined specifications and workflows.
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting in a Mac-based work environment with a variety of 3rd party applications.
- Keen knowledge of production/post production infrastructure requirements as it relates to enabling overall supply chain workflows.
- Ability to provide constructive feedback around practices, tools and methods related to video production and post-production.
- Outgoing, creative thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passionate and collaborative team player.
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.