We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute, and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Are you interested in working in the music industry? Would you like to help develop unique and clever ways to drive the music industry into the future using data driven insights?
This role will support the commercial analytics group through the collection, organization, and analysis of pertinent data. Reports will be created, distributed and interpreted to enhance and measure current strategies, business models and sales/marketing campaigns.
The ideal candidate should have experience in data analysis, with a solid understanding (or an eagerness to learn) the business models that are currently revolutionizing digital and subscription-based media. Candidates should be complete wizards in Excel & PowerPoint. Experience with SQL, Big Query, Tableau, DOMO, or other data manipulation / visualization platforms is a plus.
How you'll CREATE:
- Develop concise and accurate reports to measure success of business initiatives
- Develop statistical tools for analysis that will enhance business efforts
- Gather and utilize internal UMG data as well as retail data
- Perform retail analysis to support advertising and program spending
- Manage data for reporting and distribution to appropriate audience (labels, UMG, customers)
- Understanding of statistics, mathematical formulas, analytical process and customer service
- Ability to understand how reports are generated and consumed
- Ability to communicate the meaning of data analysis and their relationship to current business strategies
- Attention to detail
- Strong product knowledge
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Superior knowledge of digital account providers and digital music/entertainment business
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with relational database reporting tools, SQL & Google Big Query
- Python and/or experience with APIs and data scraping technologies a plus
- Strong ability to analyze data, identify issues and generate solutions
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones)
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.