Ecomm/Tour Production Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Bravado International Group is the only global, 360-degree full service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a world-wide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world’s largest record company, as well as the group’s significant marketing strength.
How we LEAD:
The Production Manager will be an essential part of Bravado team, helping to drive margin and leverage merchandise needs for both E-commerce, tour and special projects. This position will report directly to the Sr. Director of Product Development and will work alongside Brand Managers to coordinate and develop new products to be launched on each of our artist’s ecommerce platforms, as well as drive the production of apparel and accessories across an artist’s tour.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Ensure the product development and production calendars are being adhered to across all cross functional team members including creative, brand management, and the planning division.
- Review reports and recommend solutions to exceptions within sourcing and development needs.
- Work closely with the E-Commerce Consumer Engagement team to help facilitate the launch of new styles and programs on an artist’s web-store
- Report directly to the Senior Manager of Product Development to ensure intended development, design and sourcing is adhered to in production.
- Manage day to day operations of the production life cycle and ensure vendors stay on schedule across all orders in order to meet promised customer ship date as well as specific tour dates.
- Work within Navision system helping to issues Purchase Orders when necessary as well as keep system inventory levels accurate.
- Work with the finance team to ensure proper coding of invoices across all channels of business
- Work closely with tour mangers and ecommerce fulfilment warehouses, communicating all delivery timelines as well as exceptions within Monday.com so that proper customer service messaging is provided.
- Help negotiate costing with vendors across multiple programs based upon volume to help drive margin improvement and review P&L with your Senior Manager
- Manage ordering of samples for marketing use, as well as artist approval needs
- Help prepare for Pop Ups and collaborate with Sr Manager of Product Development to ensure all needs are met.
- Delegate work to the Production Coordinator as needed, responsible for their day to day workload.
- Elevate and communicate high risk potential order problems and issues as appropriate to direct manager
- Develop collaborative relationships with our existing vendor base
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in apparel production or product development
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Detail oriented with strong follow through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Knowledge and understanding of fabrics, construction and print techniques
- Exceptional Microsoft Suite proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong Critical Thinking and Problem Solving skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Flexible and adaptable; priorities change frequently based on business demands, the ability to change direction quickly is critical
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.