Junior Change Analyst, Process Innovation
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
We are currently seeking a Junior Change Analyst to join our Process Innovation and Advanced Operations department. The Junior Analyst will be responsible for business process design and implementation for a variety of new projects in North America and appropriate international territories. They will also be responsible for design, analysis and preparation of documentation and reporting in support of implementation and embedding of new processes for Process Innovation across all labels.
This role has two main responsibilities:
- Business process design and implementation for a variety of new projects for the Process Innovation team in North America and appropriate international territories:
- Scoping, discovery, design and implementation of new business processes sometimes supported by the development of toolsets.
- Liaise with labels to support the ongoing “continual improvement” of the department’s applications (Studio Hub, Rights Hub, R2, GRS etc.), with specific responsibility for the processes supported by these applications.
- Work closely with key users, product owners, business analysts and the IT development team to schedule development, submit and discuss requirements, and plan how transformation can support the IT organization in toolset enhancements
- The role will also require training new business users, and leading demos to various business units.
- Design, analysis and preparation of documentation and reporting in support of implementation and embedding of new processes for Process Innovation across all labels
- Liaise with the team admins on creating operational support decks for all implemented new processes (ongoing KPI reporting, BAU requirements, etc.) and prepare metrics and commentary for review by the senior exec team
- Analyze and distribute operational efficiency stats for all labels engaged by Process Innovation, with a focus on the top revenue earning territories.
• Understand how a record label works – A&R, Production, Supply Chain, Marketing, Finance, Legal, Commercial, Archives
• Conduct and document ‘As-Is’ process to inform design and implementation of ‘To-Be’ business processes
• Monitor & prepare ongoing reports, analysis, and status updates regarding the Delivery process
• Train key business users on the business processes and toolsets
• Work in an operational capacity to facilitate and manage the relationship between users and other departments and systems (from a business process and technical perspective) to facilitate product releases
• Contribute to process and system design for relevant applications (Studio Hub, Rights Hub , R2, GRS etc.)
• Articulate the dependencies and relationships between business processes, roles and capabilities
• Generate ideas and solutions to sometimes complex business issues simply and effectively so that risk/benefit decisions can be made
• Provide input to change plans that mitigate risk and increase operational effectiveness of the rollouts
• Available, when necessary to attend conference calls with international territories during the crossover hours
• Carry out analysis of usage and similar statistical data to provide meaningful KPI and other reporting
• Minimum 2-3 years of analytical skills
• Excellent stakeholder management experience & interpersonal skills to define and manage stakeholder
• expectations, including label staff, team members, business leads and IT groups
• Problem solving skills & a solution-oriented mentality
• Works well in a cross-geographic team environment – but can work alone when required
• Strong technical skills and competent user of web-based applications
• Experience in the media and entertainment industry
• Strong analytics skills
• Excellent communications skills
• Strong documentation skills and excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong organization skills and an ability to complete deliverables on-time
• Proficiency with MS office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Visio)
• Ability to work flexible hours (be available for international calls)
• Experience working with a record label and knowledge of the recording and creative processes
• Experience of working in an Agile development environment would be useful
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.