Retail Production Manager
Bravado International Group is the only global, 360-degree full-service merchandise company, develops and markets high-quality licensed merchandise to a worldwide audience. The company works closely with new and established entertainment clients, creating innovative products carefully tailored to each artist or brand. Product is sold on live tours, via selected retail outlets, and through Web-based stores. Bravado also licenses rights to an extensive network of third-party licensees around the world. The company maintains offices in London, Los Angeles, New York, Berlin, Paris, Tokyo, and Sydney. Under the Universal Music Group umbrella, Bravado is able to leverage a global sales and distribution network from the world’s largest record company, as well as the group’s significant marketing strength.
Our Designers are makers and storytellers that use design to bring ideas to life. They lead projects into uncharted creative territories without blinking. They are design fundamentalists, but approach projects with rational and innovative mindsets. They extend the visual language, always mindful of how it looks and how it works.
How we LEAD:
The Retail Production Manager will be an essential part of Bravado team, helping to drive margin and leverage merchandise needs for mass retail programs. This position will report directly to the Senior Director of Retail Production.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Develop time and action calendars to present to sales and creative managers for new product assortment needs
- Work collaboratively with the cross-functional stakeholders to develop a final assortment that is executable in production
- Coordinate all required raw materials nomination and procurement; maintaining archives of submittals
- Cost and product engineer to meet account assortment needs aligned to P&L expectations
- Collaborate with Production Planning to forecast capacity needs to each retail account throughout the year
- Negotiate costing with vendors across multiple programs to help drive margin improvement
- Manage and maintain POs from issuance to receipt
- Monitor the production status of all programs – from sample development to order placement and shipment.
- Enforce compliance to retail manuals, including resolving all retail chargebacks
- Management of production timelines, reviewing reports, and recommending solutions to exceptions
Bring your VIBE:
- 5-7 years of experience in production & product development (cut & sew)
- Strong costing and negotiation skills
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-through - able to organize and prioritize multiple projects
- Knowledge and understanding of fabrics, construction, wash and print techniques
- Extensive experience in working with factories overseas
- Brand & Account management; Retail experience a Plus
- Exceptional Microsoft Suite proficiency. ERP and/or PLM experience a plus
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Strong Critical Thinking and Problem-Solving skills
- Excellent communicator with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- Bachelor’s degree
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.