We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
UMG is looking for a UI/Usability Design Director to lead frontend developers/designers across multiple verticals including but not limited to our eCommerce and Consumer Marketing online stores and sites and high profile internal facing applications. The Design Director will be responsible for developing and implementing the overall design philosophy for improving the workflow, functionality and visual appeal of the organization's online presence and internal applications and will ensure usability factors are applied consistently across all applications, standardizing the frontend approach for our global initiatives, applications, and platforms. This position requires strong leadership skills, hands on design and development experience in multiple areas and facets of vastly varying business functions to solution, design, and build for different client problems/goals while using a single set of underlying core technologies.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Oversee and manage team of frontend developers/designers.
- Assess UX requirements from various business stakeholders and implement cohesive approach to design, develop, and maintain overall frontend experience and components.
- Manage expectations of clients and partner with record labels and business stakeholders to achieve strategic goals using cutting-edge UI/UX and React-based features for our online sites and stores and internal applications.
- Integrate with various eCommerce and consumer marketing platforms (CRM, AdTech, MarTech, Customer Service Tech) and internal systems.
- Create functional prototypes within shortened timeframes.
- Write technical user stories and convert user stories into deliverables.
- Provide estimates to the required level of accuracy for stories and tasks.
- Test deliverables against a user story’s acceptance tests.
- Create technical documentation for wireframes and flow diagrams.
Bring your VIBE:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent demonstrable experience
- 10+ years of work experience in design and development and hands-on experience in building large-scale services/distributed systems
- Knowledge of ecommerce and consumer marketing technology landscape and associated stacks (shopping cart, API integrations, social media platforms, etc.)
- Leadership and strong organizational skills and able to influence and build consensus with both technology teams and business stakeholders
- Ability to understand the essence of business objectives and build relationships with senior management and senior business stakeholders
- Customer-first mentality with ability to empathize and create customer/fan loyalty
- Ability to multi-task, problem solve, and execute tasks with accuracy in a high-pressure, fast-paced agile environment
- Comfortable working in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges and priorities evolve
- Strong drive to continue improving skills and to stay informed on the cutting edge of web technology
- Capable of learning new technologies and platforms quickly and able to apply them to solve complex problem
- Solid grounding with common design patterns and development best practices
- Solid understanding of general eCommerce and consumer marketing technologies and UI/UX best practices for those spaces
- Proficiency in responsive design principles
- Basic understanding of APIs, webhooks, and general data transfer approaches
- Ability to write unit tests when implementing user stories and design and develop code for testability
- Additional experience in:
- Responding to business objectives with creative, innovative design solutions
- Latest web trends and best practices for UX/UI design
- Figma/Adobe XD
- Creating sketches/wireframes, high-fidelity/in-browser mock-ups and everything in-between
- Understanding and applying principles of page optimization
- Cross-device/responsive design techniques
- Accessibility, Usability Testing, SEO, data-driven design
- Modern front-end tools
- Content Management Systems
- Web fundamentals like HTML 5, and CSS3, Sass syntax
- Front end frameworks React, Next.js, Gatsby, and jQuery
- Integrating with web services (REST, and GraphQL) and third-party libraries
- Task runners, build tools, and bundlers like Gulp, Grunt, Webpack, etc.
- Data applications using Fetch/AJAX/JSONP with JSON/XML/HTML content
- Experience working within an agile team
- Bonus Skills:
- Setting up continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) with tools like Jenkins, Github, and BitBucket Test Driven Development
- 2 – 3 years in an agile environment (Scrum and/or Kanban)
- Experience developing mobile applications
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.