Associate Manager – Business & Legal Affairs
The position will perform a variety of duties, and the candidate for this job must be able to liaise with all levels of personnel and departments, including, without limitation, Business & Legal Affairs, Production, A&R, Marketing, Revenue, and Licensing to help assist with the release of music and videos by label artists. This position has a strong focus on clearances and problem solving, and doing the necessary work to help accomplish the goals of the label and its artists.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who possesses a strong ability to multi-task, works well under pressure with tight time deadlines, and has a passion for music. Prefer a candidate with at least 2-3 years of music licensing experience, who is looking to take the next step in their career by learning a lot, and doing a lot.
- Assist with ensuring that all necessary clearances are obtained for the release of a song and/or video from third party vendors and outside labels & publishers
- Assist with drafting, revising and completing sample, side-artist, and other types of licenses and agreements
- Assist with obtaining all necessary paperwork for processing payments
- Assist with resolution of clearance problems with music and videos
- Advise and assist on clearance rights and splits for compilations and master use synch licenses
- Coordinate and participate on shared projects with all levels of staff
- Keep detailed and organized information tracking chart
- Outgoing personality
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- Highly dependable and can be relied upon to complete tasks
- Willingness to aggressively follow up for and obtain information
- Ability to work quickly and accurately under pressure
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to perform research, summarize information and report back findings
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, safeguard confidential information, and work overtime as required
- Ability to assist with developing new processes that will create efficiencies across the label
- Knowledge of UMG systems a plus
- 2-3 years Music Industry legal/licensing/admin experience
- Familiarity with recording agreements is a plus
- Excellent typing and computer skills, including in Word, Excel, Outlook
- Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.