Senior Manager, Global Copyright
Universal Music Publishing Group (UMPG) is the leading global music publisher with more than 57 offices in 47 countries. UMPG has some of the most important contemporary songwriters and artists on its global roster. UMPG is also the leading production music group in the world with a diverse and comprehensive portfolio of UPPM-owned repertoire. UPPM is the preeminent supplier of high-level production music throughout the world and serves the burgeoning business that creates, produces, and licenses music for use in film/TV, advertising, broadcast and corporate clients.
How we LEAD:
UMPG seeks to recruit a highly motivated Music Publishing professional to fulfil a senior role within our Global Copyright team.
The Global Copyright team at UMPG delivers a first-class copyright registration and data management service to our renowned client roster and their iconic catalogues. It is a component of our wider Global Administration organization which performs various leadership and supporting operational functions on behalf of our 46 international offices and 6 sub publishers.
This role will be located in our operations center in Franklin, TN and will report to and collaborate closely with the Global Copyright Director.
The successful applicant will be primarily responsible for delivering our global registration service to collecting societies and partners which is underpinned by our bespoke registration technology.
How you'll CREATE:
- Periodically preparing and ingesting new catalogue data files into the system to support our local copyright teams.
- Delegation of tasks within the team and to Global Data Services where appropriate.
- Help to shape, publish, and monitor Global Copyright data standards and policies.
- Respond to queries from our local offices, triaging them and delegating to other departments as appropriate.
- Metadata circulation to various offices and partners (e.g., ISRC cross reference files).
- Onboarding downstream data recipients.
- Delivering key department metrics for senior management.
- User Acceptance Testing.
- Maintaining and delivering Global Copyright Controls environment and reports on a quarterly basis.
- Other projects and responsibilities as needed in response to changing business requirements.
- You will collaborate closely with and be supported by the European Administration team in London, North American Copyright team in Franklin, Administration and Copyright leadership teams across our international offices, global Data Services in Franklin, TN, and the Global Technology team in London.
Bring your VIBE:
- Demonstrable previous experience in the music publishing industry or from a PRO or MRO, ideally with a working knowledge of the Common Works Registration (CWR) formats and associated workflows.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to articulate, convey and explain complex information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Propose and implement solutions in response to day-to-day challenges within the role.
- Self-starter with the ability to plug themselves in to any project as needed.
- Solid Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel.
- Follows through on open issues though to resolution, meets deadlines in an efficient and effective way
- Able to learn multiple, customized systems and provide suggestions for improvement.
- Music lovers who are passionate about serving songwriters, rightsholders and protecting their intellectual property.
- A collaborative team member able to work with well with colleagues in other Global Administration Teams, as well as local offices and clients around the world.
- Goal-oriented individuals who work towards team/department/company objectives and take pride in achieving targets.
- Organized, detail-oriented candidates who can set priorities and plan workload efficiently so that department and local office requirements are delivered consistently.
- An individual who will consult with the Director where appropriate to recommend solutions, solve problems, create efficiencies and complete tasks and projects in a timely manner.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan with company matching
- Flexible Paid Time Off plus Paid Holidays, 2 week “Winter Break” & Wellness Fridays (year-round)
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance & Tuition Reimbursement (after 12 months of service)
- Robust Employee Assistance Program (for you and your loved ones
- Annual Well-Being Allowance which includes Fitness, Travel, Home Enhancements, Nutrition, and Spa Treatment Reimbursements
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All UMG employees are currently required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or provide proof of a negative PCR or Antigen test before entering any Company offices unless they have been approved for an exemption or unless prohibited by applicable law.
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.
We are an E-Verify employer.
For more information, please click on the following links.
E-Verify Participation Poster: English / Spanish