A&R / License & Distribution Manager
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.We are in search of an A&R / License & Distribution Manager to be based in Seoul, Korea.
As a person in charge of distribution contract, you will search for new labels and artists for new distribution deal. You will design appropriate deal structures and perform in a way that can promote mutual benefit. Contribution to the company’s sales & profits, and should forecast the trends of the music industry and market by securing and managing long-term & short-term sales sources is required.
About this role
- Find new distribution albums (including licenses), conduct contracts and release them in Korea/Worldwide.
- Create terms & conditions for new distribution album (including license) contracts and for new contracts that fit into market trends and promote mutual benefit.
- Manage the progress of new album release and consult with relevant departments and 3rd party for album release marketing.
- Manipulate UMG Digital Supply Chain System & manage Financial Admin for new album release.
- Manage previously released albums and existing contractors and associates.
- Direct Sign artist album release process & work with A&R team members.
- Write and manage various reports regarding album sales.
- Forecast sales (including Forecast, Flash Report, album sales) and expenses.
- Organize, store and manage data for all released albums.
- Junior College and above education level
- 5 years of relevant experience
- English (Writing, Reading): Mandatory/ skilled to very skilled
- Matters of importance:
- Creative option
- High understanding of the music market (Artist, Label, Platform, Market trend, etc.)
- Experience in music distribution or entertainment companies.