Label Development Manager
At Ingrooves Music Group, we are committed to powering creativity in today’s dynamic music marketplace by providing the best distribution, marketing, and rights management tools and services to content creators and owners. We develop state-of-the-art, cost-efficient, and scalable technology platforms. Our partners benefit from our experienced, knowledgeable people, unparalleled commitment to customer service, and thoughtful marketing solutions that drive results. We aspire to be the most transparent and solution-driven partner for all the labels and artists we work with.
How you’ll LEAD:
Label Development Managers manage the day-to-day activities for Ingrooves distributed labels, guiding them with strategy, tactics, and technical knowledge as they develop artists and monetize their distributed music and video content. A successful candidate will have a solid understanding of the opportunities in the digital music marketplace, exceptional communication and organizational skills, an understanding of the operational aspects of digital music distribution, and passion for music, pop culture and technology and the way they all work together.
Label Development Managers are based in Ingrooves offices around the world.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Manage the day-to-day relationships with label partners acting as the primary point of contact externally to the label and internally representing assigned labels' interests
- Liaise with all internal departments including commercial strategy, marketing, catalog, video, platform operations, insights & analytics, finance and legal to ensure all label partners' business needs are met
- Manage label partners' priority release campaign logistics from inception through to analysis, working with other internal departments as necessary
- Manage labels’ physical and digital product logistics and operations, ensuring content is delivered in a timely manner and to required specifications using Ingrooves platforms and systems
- Drive partner engagement with Ingrooves’ technology platforms and services
- Implement Best Practices across all release campaigns and comfortably use internal and external data sources to explain results to artists, labels, and managers, and help create action plans from the results
- In collaboration with the Commercial Strategy Team, create and coordinate effective marketing strategies to drive DSP conversations internally and externally
- Maintain regular productive communication with assigned partners
Bring your VIBE:
- 4-6 years’ experience within a distribution, label, management, or music company working directly with labels, managers and artists
- Passion for music, artists, culture, and technology
- Understanding of digital distribution, including digital marketing, operations, and metadata requirements
- Confidence with data and evolving technology, and explaining their role in driving music consumption to internal and external partners
- Current industry network and relationships in the independent music industry and/or digital platforms
- Customer service and teamwork oriented, with ability to monitor and develop productive relationships
- Problem solver, calm under pressure, highly organized
- Highly effective communicator, skilled at building and delivering successful presentations, both oral and visual
- Ability to maintain multiple project timelines with close attention to detail while being accountable and responsive
- Experience with top digital music services, social media applications, and digital music best practices
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Winter Break”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.