We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
Interscope Geffen A&M Records (“IGA”) is home to some of the biggest artists in the world including: U2, Eminem, Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Lady Gaga, and many more. As a leader in the music industry, we are always looking for talented and driven individuals to join our family. We are hiring a Junior Product Manager to join the Urban Marketing Department.
How we LEAD:
We are looking for an Administrative Assistant to provide support the EVP Chief Revenue Officer, Global Head of Streaming & Strategy located in Santa Monica, CA. The ideal candidate will come from Music or Entertainment and have previous experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executive.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Arrange meetings and calls via phone, email and Zoom
- Manage and update calendars
- Coordinate and prioritize incoming verbal and email requests
- Book travel accommodations and car services
- Maintain strong working knowledge of artist roster, employees, and important external contacts
- Work closely with other executive assistants and occasionally cover for them
- Exercise discretion when patching calls, rolling calls, and interrupting meetings
- Proactively prepare the executives for meetings
- Greet meeting participants and arrange tours
- Order and set up food service for meetings
- Promptly address any IT issues
- Process travel and entertainment expenses
- Create and send grammatically/punctually correct internal/external company communication
- Archive and organize emails by topic and keep apprised of ongoing deals
- Create and maintain presentations and other projects as assigned
- Order office supplies, make restaurant reservations and approve expenses
Bring your VIBE:
- Minimum 2 years of experience supporting an EVP, President or other high-level executives with discretion and confidentiality.
- Music or entertainment experience is highly preferred.
- Must be very efficient and highly detail-oriented; multi-tasking and working on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- No task is too small and no challenge too great.
- A “can-do” attitude and passion for the music industry are essential.
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of our company at all levels including Senior Management
- Ability to interact comfortably and effectively with employees of companies we do business with
- Self-motivated, proactive, and resourceful
- Excellent follow-through and attention to detail
- Flexible – able to adjust to changing priorities, and able to multi-task
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Strong proficiency in and working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.