Artist Marketing Manager, Latin (Contract)
Caroline is the Independent Services division of Capitol Music Group, providing a full range of label services and revenue streams for Caroline’s artists, releases and label associations on a worldwide basis, including Marketing, Promotion, Commercial Development, Branding, Synch & Licensing, Lifestyle Marketing, Business Affairs and Finance.
How we LEAD:
Caroline is looking for an Artist Marketing Manager, Latin (Contract) to be a part of the Commercial Marketing team in Hollywood, CA. The Manager, specializing in Latin music, will help coordinate day-to-day partner/programmer/tastemaker pitches for streaming services/DSPs and will partner with our labels/managers/artists to develop marketing campaigns that strategize the best course to market for their releases. This role will work in tandem with various departments under the direction of the Head of Commercial Marketing. The role requires both a wide-ranging skill set for working across every department at a modern label group and a unique perspective to think ahead and anticipate the needs of tomorrow today.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Label Relations: Work with in-house and 3rd party label/management partners to drive strategy and deliver necessary assets for the best go to market approach, while being available for meetings and as a sounding board for advice, providing weekly reporting, etc.
- Account Relations: Develop strong relationships and work specifically with DSP/Streaming service programmers (Spotify, Apple, Tidal, etc.) to drive message and strategy, taking direction from the commercial team account leads by utilizing plot, marketing, cultural capital and data to deliver on targets/goals/plans, while supporting/supplying necessary asset collection and pitch form administration.
- Marketing Tools: Help develop and foster a variety of marketing tools and communications targeted inside and outside the organization to ensure all priority content, assets and drivers are being surfaced to contacts in a consistent, near real-time manner.
- Go-to Market Strategy: Understand the demographics that comprise artists' fan bases and, based on the assets delivered by artists, help design product suites and timelines for all aspects of the marketplace.
- Partner Currency: In concert with marketing and social media teams, help develop account partner currency in the form of social media tagging, playlisting and various others uses of partner platforms and toolkits to help seed artist partnership.
- Promotional Alignment: Seek, secure and ensure promotional opportunities are executed within the scope of opportunity.
- Data Driven Analytics: know how to query and speak to specific data points that are meaningful to account relations and artist/manager expectations.
- Culture Driven Focus: know of, be immersed in, and speak eloquently to the pulse/relevance of an artist within the culture of the scene, conveying what is meaningful for account relations and benchmarking artist/manager expectations.
- Weekly Updates: Collaborate on and drive weekly updates for all partners highlighting growth areas and opportunities on priority releases. Also working with label partners to ensure they are consistently delivering concise/meaningful updates for use by the commercial team.
- New Opportunities: consistently look to find new third-party partners that can help market and promote our releases. Also work with pre-existing partners to develop new ways to help raise our partners’ profiles.
- Caroline “branding”/visibility: Act as a “face” for the Caroline, maintaining a presence at all relevant concerts and events.
Bring your VIBE:
- Expansive music industry experience with an emphasis on consumer-driven sales and/or marketing.
- Fluent Spanish required (written and verbal).
- A life-long passion & encyclopedic knowledge of Latin music both past and present.
- Knowledge of and interest in tastemakers & gatekeepers of the Latin Music community and where/when to best utilize.
- Must have numerous key contact/relationships across Latin landscape (Apple, Spotify, Tidal, etc., as well as radio, blogs, press, etc.).
- Experience or ability to strategize and execute marketing campaigns, including pitching proposals for prospective clients.
- Candidates should be creative, innovative, detail-oriented and resourceful. Must be able to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to act as a leader of & advocate for the genre across multiple departments, including but not limited to Marketing, International, A&R, Digital, Finance, Legal, Promotion, and Commercial, on a daily basis.
- A relaxed and confident approach to all business relationships internally and externally. The ability to put oneself in the position of an artist, manager, or partner at any given time to see their side as needed.
- Must be tech savvy with deep understanding of current & forthcoming technologies and general market/industry trends.
- Must be familiar with/able to navigate, Nielsen, Mediabase, Next Big Sound and adapt to numerous of data dashboards.
- Must be available for after hour meetings, shows, artist and programmer relations.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to efficiently communicate strategy, results and market conditions that will drive project growth and optimization.
- Great organizational skills with the ability to prioritize based evolving workload.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including: PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Strong communication abilities with the ability to write and convey marketing plans/efforts to executives and management.
- Strong interpersonal and teamwork skills, including adaptability, personal effectiveness, and the ability to establish quick rapport.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, including prioritization and follow-through.
- Bachelors’ Degree
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.