Under the Capitol Music Group umbrella of UMG, Capitol Christian Music Group is the market leader in the field of recorded music, distribution, and music publishing. Employing over 150 people, Capitol CMG provides a challenging and rewarding work environment characterized by a commitment to our staff, our artists and songwriters, one another, our customers and community service.
How we LEAD:
This role exists to serve Capitol CMG artists by establishing and supporting their visual campaign through photography and image development, album cover and packaging design, physical and digital asset creation, brand stewardship, and other artist initiatives as needed.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Lead the creative team in art direction and video content creation across our label roster of artists
- Partner with artists, management, marketing, and A&R teams to build a consistent and unique visual brand for each artist and release
- Partner with Marketing and A&R to research and develop a strategic creative concept for each artist’s campaign, including research for imaging, styling and location needs
- Conceptualize and design album/single covers, packaging, creative assets, video content and marketing materials with the art department & video content teams
- Music video commissioning for a roster of artists including all details to ensure a smooth and creative shoot including the hiring of music video directors, crew, finding locations, filing insurance, negotiating contracts & budgets, and all other necessary details
- Oversee a department of designers for the development of promotional content including print & digital assets to support an artist’s marketing and release plan such as album packaging, single artwork, advertising, social media, retail signage, presentations, billboards, posters, lyric images, banners, etc.
- Oversee a department of video content creators for the development of premium music videos, live performance, acoustic, EPK, social, lyric and narrative content
- Hiring of freelance video editors and shooters for content creation supporting an album campaign content strategy
- Maintain our video production schedule on a weekly basis to ensure proper file delivery and an on-time turn-in schedule
- Plan, coordinate, and manage artist photoshoots including assembling and hiring a creative team of photographers, wardrobe stylists, hair/makeups, and catering. Negotiating contracts. Gather tears and develop creative direction. Create a day-of schedule, call sheet, plan craft services, distribute directions, and communicate details in a timely manner. Contract negotiation and Invoice processing
- Drive imaging review, retouching, and photo approval including final selection and distribution of lead PR images with art team
- Maintain the local creative server archive of images, video footage and creative assets
- Work with the marketing team to coordinate and/or produce any design assets needed to fulfill related marketing campaign
- Prepare files for print using Universal-supplied templates. Pre-flight and package files according to Universal’s standards. Load to Wam!Net for manufacturing, international distribution, and archiving.
- Facilitate transactions with freelance designers and artists associated with developing an artist’s brand.
- Work directly with the VP, Digital Marketing & Content to create and manage the visual brand(s) of Capitol Christian Music Group including corporate presentations, logos, graphics and print assets.
- Grow and foster a network of creatives, videographers, directors, DP’s, editors, photographers, designers, wardrobe stylists, and grooming specialists to expand the network of local and regional creatives.
- Oversee our creative dept intern program to develop and train for the workplace
- Complete special projects or other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work in an on-set environment to lead video and photoshoots with internal and external teams
- Ability to operate a video camera on set as needed
Bring your VIBE:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s or associate degree in Art or Design, or work equivalent
- Well-rounded design portfolio including video, print and digital assets
- Well-experienced individual and proven leader in working with creative teams
- Working knowledge of latest design trends and content creation
- Ability to work across many different types of genres and audiences
- Experience in art directing and producing photoshoots and video shoots from concept to completion
- Proven experience & work history in print & digital design
- Ability to effectively communicate branding strategy to both internal and external teams
- Ability to assemble, motivate, and lead creative teams effectively
- Ability to think creatively, conceptually, and strategically
- Ability to balance and maintain a budget
- Thorough and detail-oriented
- Excellent organization and time management, oral and written communication skills
- Initiative to carry out a range of projects with limited supervision
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a deadline-oriented environment
- Advanced knowledge of MAC OSX programs and Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, AfterEffects, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.)
- Working knowledge of video and photo cameras
- Working knowledge of Asana Project Management software, a plus, but not required
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more