How we LEAD:
UMG eCommerce & Label Services is looking for a Digital Marketer to join our team in Philadelphia, PA. As a Digital Marketer, you will have the opportunity to work with some of the most successful artists and entertainment companies in the world, and to work with emerging digital music and entertainment technologies. Successful candidates must have a high degree of comfort juggling multiple tracts of work, while discerning key information across a high volume of client communication. Must be comfortable working flexible hours when needed to cover night and weekend client activities.
The Digital Marketer reports into an Account Manager and is responsible for a specific list of accounts across our Fame House and UMG client base. In addition to crafting and executing marketing campaigns, he or she must contribute creative, innovative ideas to marketing plans and campaigns and is responsible for delivering against campaign and client goals. The Digital Marketer will be an Account Lead for select clients, for which he or she acts as both the client’s primary point of contact and our team member responsible for the account’s success. He or she will manage interns and Digital Marketing Assistants and may have other team members with dotted lines into him/her.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work with clients to conceive and achieve business objectives through digital and direct-to-fan marketing campaigns:
- Develop marketing strategy for upcoming client milestones such as music releases, product launches, video premieres, tour announcements, public appearances, etc.
- Develop marketing plans and content strategy for clients’ digital and direct-to-fan channels, including but not limited to social media, email marketing, paid media, websites, web stores, and mobile apps.
- Contribute original ideas regarding the creative use of emerging technologies to drive our clients’ digital and business goals.
- Write and execute content calendars for client social channels, as well as community management. Curate and design visual assets for content calendars, as needed.
- Audit and optimize clients’ digital channels on an ongoing basis.
- Report on campaigns and overall performance of clients’ digital and direct-to-fan properties:
- Analyze real time performance of our campaigns to assess impact against client KPIs and business objectives (e.g. traffic to owned properties, merch sales, etc.)
- Translate data-based insights into specific action items for marketing plans and campaigns.
- As Account Lead, manage select client accounts (typically 1-3). Responsible for:
- Driving successful client results and day-to-day progress against the client’s objectives.
- Managing day-to-day communication with the client.
- Coordinating with other team members across FH as needed to deliver high quality work.
- Ensuring all deliverables are executed in a timely manner.
- Setting specific, measurable goals for the account and individual campaigns.
- Monitoring progress against these goals and reporting back to the client and FH Management on performance.
- Manage Digital Marketing Assistant(s) and/or interns, supervising all daily tasks:
- Report to his/her manager on performance of individual reports, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling reports; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Keep abreast of evolving music industry and digital marketing technologies:
- Must be able to speak to key new trends and to research new technologies on an ongoing basis, particularly as requested by clients and/or his/her manager.
- Experiment with new tools and technologies as suitable for his/her clients’ needs.
Bring your VIBE:
- 1-3 years interning or working in a digital marketing position, preferably within the music industry.
- Experience managing business/brand profiles on social networks, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, TikTok, etc.
- Experience in Wordpress, email marketing/CRM tools (e.g. ExactTarget, Mailchimp, DotMailer), social and analytical tools (e.g. Sprout Social, Next Big Sound, Google Analytics).
- Basic HTML, Photoshop, and Monday experience is a plus.
- Impressive verbal and written abilities — client communication skills are essential.
- High level of comfort presenting to groups both over the phone and in person.
- Deep knowledge of social media, emerging platforms, and associated marketing tools, particularly within the music industry.
- Strong attention to detail; must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
- Drive and confidence to take on new responsibilities. Must be proactive and willing to accomplish tasks with little oversight.
- Self-starter attitude capable of owning important responsibilities and seeing them through to completion.
- Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing client needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong passion for marketing and the music industry.
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Mac OS.
- Bachelor’s degree in music business, business, marketing, or a related field.
What’s in it For You?
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.