Digital Marketer, UMG eCommerce
We are UMG, Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Merchandise and commerce is becoming part of the fabric of music culture. For artists, it’s a way to develop and further articulate their brand. For fans, it’s another pathway to connecting with an artist and the culture they represent.
UMG is looking for a Digital Marketer to join our eCommerce group, sitting with cross-functional teams dedicated to supporting our labels’ eCommerce initiatives. This person will have the opportunity to work on marketing campaigns on behalf of many of the biggest and most iconic artists in the world, supporting eCommerce marketing and customer engagement initiatives across labels’ rosters. They will work closely with stakeholders across the label, artist, and eCommerce and global marketing teams to execute marketing plans that deliver amazing experiences to both the fans and our artists.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Work collaboratively with central and label marketing teams to activate eCommerce campaigns across artist and owned marketing channels, including email, social media, SEO/SEM, paid media, affiliate and influencer marketing, SMS and messaging, and broader optimization strategies.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our consumer segments and trends, developing targeted customer journeys that deepen the fan-to-artist connection and increase customer lifetime value.
- Work with the analytics team and key internal stakeholders to manage and deliver campaign reporting.
- Use data & analytics to optimize campaigns and storefront activations.
- Support execution against comprehensive, targeted, and creative messaging plans across channels, bespoke to the artist or store brand.
- Partner with front-line customer experience / customer service teams to ensure the fan is at the center of everything we do.
- Research and formulate ways to optimize the user experience (landing pages, customer journeys, streamlined purchase funnel, etc.).
- Work hand in hand with teammates across creative & campaign planning, store management, operations & customer service to collectively deliver a great customer experience to our fans and artists.
- Manage Digital Marketing Assistant(s) and/or interns, supervising all daily tasks:
- Report to his/her manager on performance of individual reports, communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching and counseling reports; developing, coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
Bring your VIBE:
- 1-3 years experience working in a digital marketing position, preferably within the music industry. Can include internship and/or part-time experience.
- Rich understanding of music fandom and the fan experience, specific to different artists and genres.
- Strong understanding of consumer behavior and digital marketing trends across social media, CRM, and media buying.
- Natural collaborator. Must be willing to set ego aside in order to deliver for our customers (both fans and artists).
- Creative approach to problem-solving.
- Exceptional verbal and written abilities — communication skills are essential (both internally and externally).
- Extremely organized and comfortable streamlining many moving parts. Comfortable juggling multiple high priority projects simultaneously.
- High level of comfort presenting to groups both over the phone and in person.
- Strong attention to detail; must be extremely detail-oriented.
- Self-starter attitude capable of owning important responsibilities and seeing them through to completion with little oversight.
- Ability to stay calm and collected under pressure, and to be accountable for meeting deadlines.
- Flexible and able to adapt to changing client needs in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions based on data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint) and Mac OS.
- Strong passion for the music industry required. Experience in the music industry, particularly within a label, is a major plus.
- Experience with Shopify is a plus.
- Basic Photoshop and InDesign experience is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or a related field.
- Competitive Compensation Package including Salary, Benefits and Generous 401k Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off – Paid Holidays, “Gift Week”, Summer Fridays
- Student Loan Repayment Assistance
- Employee Developmental Support
- Annual Gym Reimbursement Package
- Pet Insurance, plus much more!
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer