Digital Preservation Engineer
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, marital status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day in The Life
This role sits within the UMG Global Asset & Archive Team reporting to the manager of Digital Audio Services. The core basis of your role will be providing audio verification and preservation support for Universal Music archives and core businesses.
The reason for this is to ensure that all assets adhere to UMG Global Standards. The department is very client focused and prides itself on ensuring high standards are upheld throughout all processes.
In this position you will need to be able to undertake a range of requisite technical tasks, whilst maintaining a professional and personable attitude. Due to the supportive nature of this position, flexibility around working hours is to be expected when deadlines need to be met.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- In conjunction with other members of the UMG Global Asset & Archive Team provide support for all departments within Universal Music and clients to a high standard in an efficient and pro-active manner.
- Deal tactfully with clients, internally and externally, at all times while passing on any significant concerns to colleagues or members of the Management team when and where necessary.
- This role is often subject to demanding situations. The ability to prioritise work load in a timely manner is essential.
- Work closely with the UMG Global Asset & Archive Team and colleagues to learn the relevant technologies where necessary and develop in the role.
Required Knowledge & Experience
The Engineer must have excellent technical knowledge of OSX, Excel, DAWs and preferably some experience of recording studios and recording techniques.
- High attention to detail and ownership of tasks
- Experience of working in a strong customer focused environment
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to fault find and problem solve
- An understanding of recording studio equipment
- A knowledge of databases
- Analytical skills in a technical environment desirable
- Flexible approach to working and supporting the team
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder's specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be seen as indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.