Business Analyst (CONTRACT / REMOTE)
We are UMG, the Universal Music Group. We are the world’s leading music company. In everything we do, we are committed to artistry, innovation, and entrepreneurship. We own and operate a broad array of businesses engaged in recorded music, music publishing, merchandising, and audiovisual content in more than 60 countries. We identify and develop recording artists and songwriters, and we produce, distribute and promote the most critically acclaimed and commercially successful music to delight and entertain fans around the world.
How we LEAD:
Universal Music Group is looking for a Agile Business Analyst to join an innovative strategic project related to playlisting and market trends analysis. This is expected to be a 6-month contract position, working fully remote.
The position is to provide Business Analyst support on a project tackling high-value problems which impact frontline labels, A&R, catalog, commercial, streaming strategy, and operations globally. The individual will provide business analysis, create user stories, wireframes and requirements for the development team to build from, and provide documentation of current and new application capabilities.
How you’ll CREATE:
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business need and related business processes
- Work with the product owner and product team to define the requirements (user stories) to build new functionality using, amongst others, BDD/Gherkin style acceptance criteria & wireframes.
- Perform detailed analysis & scoping of activities required to develop a new application capability
- Perform kick-offs with the developers and answer questions and resolve ambiguities for the developers during development.
- Work with the QA and the project team to validate the acceptance criteria and modify and split requirements as appropriate and participate in estimation and iteration planning sessions
- Work with other BAs across teams to understand and define end to end or integration requirements across more than one project team and systems as well as other systems within the client as required
- Ownership of requirements to be built by the team, presentation of the stories and journeys to product & business owners
- Create application documentation for end-users and technical staff as needed
- Relationship management with the client - POs, SMEs
- Support the PO, Dev Leads, and Project Manager as necessary
- Assist with user acceptance testing as necessary and appropriate
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, task definition
- Identify and remove impediments and prevent distractions that interfere with the ability of the team to deliver the sprint goal
- Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible
Bring your VIBE:
- A minimum of 3 years commercial experience in delivering enterprise solutions using an Agile methodology.
- Have been involved with most aspects of software delivery and life cycle, including gathering and developing detailed functional requirement, breaking down complex requirements into independent user stories, creating wireframes, capturing detailed acceptance criteria, building a release plan with user stories in collaboration with the customer, managing the backlog, running showcases and incorporating user feedback and documenting system capabilities, business processes and support handover documentation
- Have experience in systems integration and migration delivery
- Have familiarity with the technical aspects of software development, including understanding the capabilities and limitations of programming languages, and a knowledge of testing (System, Unit, Integration, Interface)
- An understanding of business process modeling, data modeling, object modeling, and OO design principles
- Have their own opinions about how to build great software and be prepared to defend them
- Successfully applied Agile/XP/Scrum practices
- May have introduced Agile techniques and have coached teams to apply them effectively, thanks to their Agile expertise and outstanding communication skills
- Flexible in working practices
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills, including but not limited to, listening, written, and verbal communication skills, exceptional client-facing/consulting skills, and managing stakeholders
- Music industry royalty/copyright or other entertainment industry participation experience is a bonus
Universal Music Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: This job description only provides an overview of job responsibilities that are subject to change.