Physical & Digital Release Manager
Responsible to: Co-Heads of Marketing, Polydor
Location of Work: 4PS, Kings Cross
Music is Universal
Everyone is welcome to apply for our roles, and we are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment because of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion, belief, age, martial status, background, pregnancy or caring responsibilities. We also recognise the importance of diversity of thought within our teams and are fully committed to embracing the talents of people with autism, dyslexia, ADHD and other forms of neurocognitive variation.
We will always seek to make appropriate adjustments to recruitment, workplaces and work processes to be fully inclusive to people with different needs and working styles. If you need us to make any reasonable adjustments for you from application onwards, please email Helen@umusic.com
The A Side: A Day In the Life
Responsible for over-seeing the delivery of all physical and digital products on all campaigns across the Polydor roster which includes Lana Del Rey, Mabel, Jax Jones, Ellie Goulding, James Blake, Elbow, The 1975, Billie Eilish, Years & Years, Michael Kiwanuka, Sam Fender + many more.
The B Side: Skills & Experience
- On behalf of Polydor and its artists – work closely with the central production team to have products ready and live for sale across all retail partners on release date – globally - both physical and digital across audio & video.
- Work closely with the marketing team to agree and initiate digital and physical products.
- Work closely with digital team to agree and initiate digital video products.
- Work closely with A&R, marketing & content teams to provide clear deadlines for delivery of all parts related to physical and digital releases.
- Work closely with A&R Admin team & content team to ensure clear lead-times for completion of all release information inputted into key systems.
- Work closely with the sales and production team to agree format specs, materials, quantities and timelines for physical suite of products.
- Work with respective US labels to ensure publishing clearance for videos in CLA system in term for video launches
- Communicate to sales team to provide details of all products including dates, track list, formats and pre-order information ready for sale.
- Work with in-house and third-party designers regarding end to end delivery of physical formats including providing grids, copy checking and layouts in order to deliver final files to production for physical products.
- Working with artists and management team to seek final approval and sign off on physical and digital artwork and video thumbnails – regarding specs, copy and finish.
- Provide label copy, catalogue numbers and UPCs to designers for physical product creation or any other team member who requires them.
- Facilitate the arrangement of artist-signing stock, approval of artwork proofs, ensure ample stock available for pre-release for tram and archiving/ Logging of all artwork assets across all releases.
- Highly organised delivery and deadline focused with the ability to multi-task
- A proven track record working on music releases both digital and physical
- A proven track record working for a label or label services/distribution company on a variety of digital and physical formats
- Understanding the importance of confidential and sensitive information
- Great communication skills
- Great relationship builder
- A proven track record within music production is desirable
Bonus Tracks: Your Benefits
- Group Personal Pension Scheme (between 3% and 9%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 25 paid days of annual leave
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan available
- Holiday Purchase scheme
- Dental and Travel Insurance options
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Salary Sacrifice Cars
- Subsidised Gym Membership
- Employee Discounts (Reward Gateway)
Just So You Know…
The company presents this job description as a guide to the major areas and duties for which the jobholder is accountable. However, the business operates in an environment that demands change and the jobholder’s specific responsibilities and activities will vary and develop. Therefore, the job description should be indicative and not as a permanent, definitive and exhaustive statement.